Sponsored by:

making rear wing fixed in up position

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 12:12 AM
O.Guser
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KrazyK
I hate to say it but that would really be ashame. It just wont be a Porsche anymore.
Get off your Porsche high horse man.. He daily drives a lamborghini when he wants his purist power.... Just because it says porsche doesnt mean its gods greatest gift to the streets.. Its his ride he should do as he pleases with it.

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera

I read this entire thread and was actually in your corner up until the "pile of ****" comment...I do find it very funny that you may not know that many chebby LSs grenade...HAHA...Gooood luuuck!!!
Your funny... Theres hundreds of vettes and camaros and lsx powered bmws all over making crazy amounts of power without "grenading" as you say
Old 12-18-2012, 12:14 AM
KrazyK
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

As I said, Its your car. Im sure it will be awesome! Thanks for the details on the project.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:17 AM
KrazyK
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

O.Guser, welcome and thanks for signing up to set me straight but your too late. See the prior posts where I have "seen the light". Im sure his Lambo is awesome too! Cool to have a DD Lambo.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:40 AM
alpine003
Banned

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Are you getting a modified oil pan? How much lower does the oil pan hang down? Are you ditching the A/C? How are you planning on rigging up the instrument cluster?
Old 12-18-2012, 01:17 AM
O.Guser
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by KrazyK
O.Guser, welcome and thanks for signing up to set me straight but your too late. See the prior posts where I have "seen the light". Im sure his Lambo is awesome too! Cool to have a DD Lambo.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:20 AM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by white out
Their business name is Renegade Hybrids, nowhere else does it call the car a hybrid. They do use the term "conversion" often though. Nowhere does it say "mismatched hybrid" as you referred to the swap. If it makes you feel better, we can refer to it as the bastard build. I'm cool with that.

Continuing to think that the M96 can ever be as reliable as an LS1 (or any small block LSx) is unrealistic.. The LSx is one of the most reliable engines in existence; where the M96 has a stigma worse than the Corvair.

As for power, the LS1 in my car will make around 320rwhp/340rwtq as it sits. If I went with a simple cam/valve spring/pushrod upgrade, 400whp isn't far away; longtube headers are $180 on eBay (another 20whp/tq). In case you're not good with math, that's about 70whp/150wtq over the M96 before mods. And all for less money than upgrading an IMS bearing if the M96 isn't blown up.
Thanks you for doin the math fo me, as I isnt to gud at it...

Well, at least you recognize that the 996 platform is better than say a C5. Otherwise, you'd buy a used Corvette as they are cheap as hell...
Old 12-18-2012, 05:26 AM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by O.Guser

Your funny... Theres hundreds of vettes...
Dude, you're an idiot...how long is your mullet???
Old 12-18-2012, 10:52 AM
Oldskewl
Instructor

Just because he pulled his M96 before disaster struck I don't think makes him any less of a Porsche fan.

There are many aspects to these cars that make them wonderful. I don't think he should be shunned for replacing one of the most terrible engine Porsche ever installed in a car for something that is proven much better by every one expect the people with the aforementioned motor.

Now if this car had a working Meztger..
Old 12-18-2012, 03:51 PM
Capt. Obvious
Rennlist Member

Received 1,471 Likes on 810 Posts

Originally Posted by O.Guser
He daily drives a lamborghini when he wants his purist power....
And if the motor blew in that, it would also get an LSx swap.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:01 PM
ccaarmerciill
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know if my engine detonates I'd more than consider an LS swap.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:38 PM
alpine003
Banned

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Capt. Obvious
He might have more room in the back to put in the ZR-1 Setup, or better yet put in one of Hennesey's creations.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:31 PM
white out
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by alpine003
Are you getting a modified oil pan? How much lower does the oil pan hang down? Are you ditching the A/C? How are you planning on rigging up the instrument cluster?
F-body oil pan works. It sits significantly higher than the rear crossmember.
Keeping A/C.
Using M96 oil pressure sensor for gauge & warning light
Wiring LS1 ECU to the Porsche harness for tach and water temp.
The stock 996 chassis harness controls speedometer
If I got real tricky, I could wire up the oil level sensor too.

Well, at least you recognize that the 996 platform is better than say a C5. Otherwise, you'd buy a used Corvette as they are cheap as hell...
C5 is better for going fast for cheap. But it's a C5, which as a previous Viper owner, I cannot bring myself to drive.

Originally Posted by Oldskewl
Just because he pulled his M96 before disaster struck I don't think makes him any less of a Porsche fan.

There are many aspects to these cars that make them wonderful. I don't think he should be shunned for replacing one of the most terrible engine Porsche ever installed in a car for something that is proven much better by every one expect the people with the aforementioned motor.
This.
Originally Posted by Capt. Obvious
If the Murci engine blew (which they don't often do); I would either look for an LP640 6.5 litre or send the car down to UR for some insanity.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:24 AM
O.Guser
3rd Gear

Dude, you're an idiot...how long is your mullet???

Yea im an idiot... Why because i make sense?? You should go back to riding purists nuts..

Quick Reply: making rear wing fixed in up position