Eric C
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny
Old 12-03-2012, 07:01 PM
KrazyK
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Mine came with a 90 day warranty at no cost. It sounds like a fishing expedition. This entire thread is total BS.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:14 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 339 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by KrazyK
Try reading the post where he replies "They were closed". It was a response about contacting the dealer not the PPI place. (Get some glasses)
Yes, I didn't see that post. It happens. Take it easy.

Why do people want to go back to the seller, in this case a dealer, and expect for them to fix this issue. If the alternator was fine during the sale and PPI then it's just bad timing and the owner should replace it at their cost.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Pac996
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

$500 is getting off cheap. Theres also battery and alternator connections that can cause these errors. The warning light can be low voltages or worn tires and especially mismatched tires. There are tires sizes advised by porsche for thos management systems like the PSM. The system receiving different than standard rotation info (mismatched tires) thows errors.

I'm not going to say anything about possibly being a flooded vehicle. Try getting the tires sorted right nice and new. Then go after electrical checking alternator connections, battery to include cable's patched together on the bottom of the vehicle. Yep the big cable isn't solid all the way to the rear. Include checking A/C collant level and for leaks. When the pressure is low the system cuts off. Even with heat on the A/C engages and you can turn off the a/c by pressing the snow flake or watever it is with your model. That way you'll only be running the heater with no a/c to be shutting on and off due to low levels. It's not a pretty sight when the compressor melts all the plastic parts due to low level and dumps that plastic into the engine compartment.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:25 PM
street rod
Drifting

Received 261 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Sue Esponte
It's about the size of a postage stamp but it still appears to be a C2...or a C2 postage stamp.

-Eric
If they came out with a C2 postage stamp I would buy some. However I would check for a 30 day stamp warranty first.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:25 PM
Sneaky Pete
Nordschleife Master

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by KrazyK
asked for 50 opinions, etc.
Kinda sounds like you when you were looking for a car. Cut him some slack.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:10 PM
silotwo
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete
Kinda sounds like you when you were looking for a car. Cut him some slack.
My thoughts precisely + Hurdi - he can be decent when he is asking for help as an accomplished DIY guy, otherwise the rudeness is simply uncalled for. And this guy shoehorns an oversize battery in his car and suddenly he is an expert on all things related to Porsche.

Oh well - this is what makes the world go round. I am in a mood myself - just got back from fueling the cars and some jerk in a crashed up beater bitches me out for not pulling further front at the pumps - I started to politely explain where the fuel fill is in relation to the pump but the jerk kept his mouth running so it didn't end on a pleasant note. I did demonstrate restraint however....... as I am sort of doing now.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:44 AM
kromdom
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Barn996
And me...
alrighty then...we have a quorum

MEMO TO ADMINS: really overdue for a LIKE button . And more importantly, the OTHER button

Old 12-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Gonzo911
Rat Balls
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by silotwo
My thoughts precisely + Hurdi - he can be decent when he is asking for help as an accomplished DIY guy, otherwise the rudeness is simply uncalled for. And this guy shoehorns an oversize battery in his car and suddenly he is an expert on all things related to Porsche.

Oh well - this is what makes the world go round. I am in a mood myself - just got back from fueling the cars and some jerk in a crashed up beater bitches me out for not pulling further front at the pumps - I started to politely explain where the fuel fill is in relation to the pump but the jerk kept his mouth running so it didn't end on a pleasant note. I did demonstrate restraint however....... as I am sort of doing now.
Same thing happened to me Thanksgiving Day morning. Got horn blasted by a guy who couldn't get his F250 up to the pump. I just went about my business, then, after fueling up, checked the air in all 4 tires. By tire number 2 he was off to another pump.

I had actually checked the air in those tires the day before.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:30 PM
rpm's S2
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Earth to Speo (OP)... let us know what happened or face the consequences!
Old 12-04-2012, 12:42 PM
morganabowen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SacTownGuy
You complaining about some minor stuff here rookie.

I had IMS problem with total engine failure 24 hours after pick-up. Top that!

LOL That is one challange none of us on this board are willing to take
Old 12-04-2012, 02:11 PM
KrazyK
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

No legit dealer would want a customers car to self destruct 30 minutes after the sale. Any normal customer would have contacted the dealer immediately.

My dealer even repaired several things on my PPI at THEIR cost before they would let me take the car even when I told them the problems were not serious and not deal breakers.

Something is very odd about this whole deal and we still have not heard from the OP about, WHAT DID THE DEALER SAY? question.

I suspect this whole thread was BS or posted on behalf of a "guy I know", or "I heard this Porsche story". We also have the wrong avatar pic and the goofy postage size "new car pic". Even a cell phone takes better photos than that.

He could just prove us all wrong by posting "dealer name", and "PPI" shop name. Its not libel if its true.

I have no problem posting either from my deal if anyone asked about my purchase experience. Not trying to be hard on the guy but you guys have to be thinking the same thing.

Last edited by KrazyK; 12-04-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:44 PM
alpine003
Banned

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Hmmmm.....

speo = carlylespicks

same user?

I wish I could run an ip trace
Old 12-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Gonzo911
Rat Balls
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by alpine003
Hmmmm.....

speo = carlylespicks

same user?

I wish I could run an ip trace
Interesting....

Quick Reply: MY new PPI superstar 2003 996 C2 lasted 30 minutes. Now it's dead. :(