Sponsored by:

996 Buyer tips?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 11:56 PM
carlylespicks
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nick49
Sorry I'm late! Seems like the party's over.

I admire your enthusiasm and wish you the best!

We get intruders here from time to time and many have "pie in the sky" ideas. A lot of information is exchanged, excitement generated all for naught. They leave unannounced as quickly as they came never to be heard from again.

I see you walk the walk! Good for you.
I appreciate that and understand about the "intruders", however some people including administrators take things too far sometimes. I see so much abuse on forums go unchecked. Obscene language, fighting, hate and other abuse and admins do nothing, then I get harassed for posting a video or something. Then you have members who act like *****. Forums are such a great thing for us all but unfortunately most forums can run wild really quick while admins do nothing.

I can bring a lot of value to a forum like this if given the chance, but I'm an extremely private person and if this forum can't respect that, then I'll just have to go somewhere else.

I wish everyone would just relax, enjoy their cars and the conversations we have here. If you don't like a thread, then leave. Why waste people's time?

For those who are afraid because they have been "burned" before. So what? Get over it. I'm just as much at risk for trolls and other juveniles. Why is it I could careless while other seem bent out of shape about it. It's not that serious folks. It's not like trolls are keying your cars or flatting your tires. People troll, ignore them and move on, don't get hyper paranoid and attack a person like me just asking for help and trying to maintain my privacy at the same time.

nick49, I'm not talking about you btw.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:57 AM
alpine003
Banned

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by carlylespicks
I appreciate that and understand about the "intruders", however some people including administrators take things too far sometimes. I see so much abuse on forums go unchecked. Obscene language, fighting, hate and other abuse and admins do nothing, then I get harassed for posting a video or something. Then you have members who act like *****. Forums are such a great thing for us all but unfortunately most forums can run wild really quick while admins do nothing.

I can bring a lot of value to a forum like this if given the chance, but I'm an extremely private person and if this forum can't respect that, then I'll just have to go somewhere else.

I wish everyone would just relax, enjoy their cars and the conversations we have here. If you don't like a thread, then leave. Why waste people's time?

For those who are afraid because they have been "burned" before. So what? Get over it. I'm just as much at risk for trolls and other juveniles. Why is it I could careless while other seem bent out of shape about it. It's not that serious folks. It's not like trolls are keying your cars or flatting your tires. People troll, ignore them and move on, don't get hyper paranoid and attack a person like me just asking for help and trying to maintain my privacy at the same time.

nick49, I'm not talking about you btw.
Unbelievable.

I see you haven't really learned anything.

You have ABSOLUTELY no excuse on starting a thread like this if you've been on these forums since the beginning of 2010.

You say you want extreme privacy yet you advertise your video site with a link, you also mention you are a philanthropist, AND you even sign your name in your earlier posts. For someone that wants privacy, your excuse sounds like BS, Carl Gordon.

https://rennlist.com/forums/8011821-post20.html

I really wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt but so far, you've just seem more and more shady, the more you talk. I think you should stop with the nonsense already.

Last edited by alpine003; 12-10-2012 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Edit: full name disclosed by mr. privacy himself in his past posts
Old 12-10-2012, 08:24 AM
Invius
Rennlist Member

Are you effing kidding me?!? "Why Waste People's Time?" Why create an entirely bogus thread, under yet another screen-name.."Speo" and purport that your "PPI Superstar" failed 30 minutes after you got it? Only to have the Admin's realize you are also the same user as "CarlylesPicks." I'm quite certain whatever it is you are offering/selling/distributing, we don't need... Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all full here.

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...s-dead-10.html
Old 12-10-2012, 11:47 AM
carlylespicks
Banned

Default What a shame! Complete disgrace!

The assumption being made by the **** admin of course is that only 1 person can use the same computer. Naturally. I'm not the only car lover in my family and I'm not the only one who logs onto my computer. I also know that some of you are not even using your own accounts. You log in as a family member or friend for whatever reason.

To simply make an assumption about who an account belongs to based on a matching IP is really over the top silly. Especially when all I did was ask a question. I'm not selling anything. I'm not posting spam. I'm not insulting others. I'm not posting wrong information. I'm not posting a bunch of junk just to get my post count up(just the opposite in fact). All I did was ask a question. A legitimate question. Even if I have nothing to do with Carlylespicks(I could just be somebody using that name), it would not matter. Even if I was 5 years old and just having a bit of fun, it would not matter. All I did was as a question and that should not warrant attempts to invade my privacy and personal attacks.

And to the administrators. Where are you now? I posted a video on another forum and got an admin in my face about posting my videos meanwhile personal attacks are going on unchecked. Racism. Obscenities. All unchecked. However, I'm the devil somehow.

Hey Inviius? What is YOUR real name? Where do you live? What do you do? What qualifies you to post on this thread? Do you even have a Porsche? Can you prove your picture is real? Does any of this matter? Nope.

I'm done with this nonsense. You guys want to act like children and give me a hard time and make false accusations about my intent? Go right ahead. Either I will close my account or the Admin will do it for me(I'm expecting that and it's all good).

I spend WAY too much of my time helping others to have to put up with this nonsense when there are tons of people I'm sure on this forum who do nothing but try to make others lives miserable, yet I'm the one that get's attacked and again, where are the admins?

When you let a forum run out of control like this, you scare away good people and end up with nothing but trouble makers. I've seen it happen. Then your page hits drop and so does your ad revenue. I think your time is better spend keeping the miserable folks in check than worrying about who is logging into my personal computer. Even IF the folks who attacked me were right about their concerns. Personal attacks should NEVER be tolerated and violations of privacy should be treated even more seriously. This is the internet. Information posted here is available for the world to see. Privacy should be paramount here if you cared about your users. I've seen on other forums where admins will remove posts that violate privacy of others. Here it seems to be encouraged.

I got a lot of great information and assistance from many of the better users here, but man it sure does not seem worth it anymore. Worst part of it all, is the project is for the benefit of OTHERS! I will still press forward with my project and it will get done and thousands all over the world will benefit from my hard work yet again, but I think it's time I find a little more mature of a forum to use. No offense to those who were actually helpful in my "bogus thread"(so says bogus Rennlist users with their sneaky fake names).

Well, I'd like to say it's been fun but it hits me to the core to know that fellow car enthusiasts would behave this way. Then again, I've always said all I love are the cars. The dealers, manufactures, insurance companies and now even other enthusiasts are yet another story. IT's like in one video the license plate was not covered enough and every once in a while a person(probably Rennlist users) would post a comment with the full license plate number. So just in case somebody missed it, they posted it up. I was trying to protect the driver's privacy and messed up and now people like you swoop in like vultures. Really sad state of affairs. Good luck to you all. Have fun with your next target. SMH

Originally Posted by Invius
Only to have the Admin's realize you are also the same user as "CarlylesPicks." I'm quite certain whatever it is you are offering/selling/distributing, we don't need...
https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...s-dead-10.html
Old 12-10-2012, 12:09 PM
KrazyK
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

OMG!! It's ALIVE!!!!, It's ALIVE!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 12:13 PM
carlylespicks
Banned

Before anybody else posts another hateful post, perhaps it is good you know more about who you are attacking. This is me. Spoken to THOUSANDS of kids in various states at my OWN ex pence and to no benefit of my own(just like this 996 project). I even volunteered with the local fire department. All while working a demanding corporate job and producing these kinds of videos all the benefit of perfect strangers who mostly will not even say thanks.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._4793630_n.jpg

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._7198118_n.jpg

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._5636100_n.jpg

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._4699967_n.jpg

People like to spend time digging into the lives of others, well there you have it. I saved you some time and provided you with the most important detail about me. I REALLY loves cars, but much more than that, I love helping others...even when they don't appreciate it or perhaps deserve it.

Originally Posted by carlylespicks
The assumption being made by the **** admin of course is that only 1 person can use the same computer. Naturally. I'm not the only car lover in my family and I'm not the only one who logs onto my computer. I also know that some of you are not even using your own accounts. You log in as a family member or friend for whatever reason.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

enough.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:47 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc Gelefsky
enough.
Thank you Sir.

Carlylespicks, or whatever your name is, it looks like you have been voted off the island..

Great work and kudos to you. Too bad that money and free time can't buy class and respect.

Best,

John

Quick Reply: 996 Buyer tips?