Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 02:49 AM
jordanturbo
Cardigan Millionaire
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ouch my *** hurts after hearing these quotes

I am 25 years old, no accidents, no speeding tickets. I get three discounts, one for multiple cars, one for multiple policies (aka my house and a little life) and being a student.

With all discounts my P-car is still $2300/ year for 2 mil liability, collision and comprehensive with $0 deductible, rental car policy and accident forgiveness. With my fiance on the other two vehicles, the porsche is actually the cheap one since she is only 20, has 1 accident and a couple tickets.

Between 4 vehicles, house, life, and a few other toys my insurance company sends me a bill for just over $15k
Old 11-16-2012, 12:37 AM
mikemdd
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have also had bad experiences with Nationwide. I ended up switching to Progessive with my SC and GT3, as well as 3 boats. No claims but excellent rates. You need to be careful with exotic insurers with low rates...the restrictions can be unacceptable. Read the fine print.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:34 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

$1582/year for full coverage on the Porsche, BMW, and Miata through Progressive. That's with a couple of speeding tickets on my record and a minor accident on my SO's record.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:00 PM
KrazyK
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Wow. I wont complain then. Just the Porsche is $540 per year. Full coverage.

Jordan you may want to consider adjusting your Porsche coverage details.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:07 PM
jordanturbo
Cardigan Millionaire
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KrazyK
Wow. I wont complain then. Just the Porsche is $540 per year. Full coverage.

Jordan you may want to consider adjusting your Porsche coverage details.
I used to have very minimal coverage thinking that I wouldnt drive it in severe conditions, but in the end I realized I enjoy driving it, and I put more km's on it than my G37, Edge, or Tundra. I also thought the day I don't have maximum coverage is the day I will have to use it. I have had to use insurance before for a comprehensive claim a couple times and dealing without a rental car or having to pay a deductible sucks so I choose maximum coverage so if something ever does happen, I wont have to worry about it. Also in general Canadian Insurance rates are a fair bit higher than the US
Old 11-17-2012, 04:44 PM
silotwo
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use Westfield - 7 cars - 2 of them 996's - one 23 year old driver. $3400 per year. Great company to deal with. Never a hassle with a claim, so far the claims were for comprehensive only so no rate increases based upon that. Looking forward to kicking the 23 year old to "grown up and pay your own freight" status in the near future.

Comparing to my 20 year old who as an under age possession of alcohol record - he's on his own for insurance with Progressive. With collission he pays over $4,200 per year - costly lesson, one I hope he will remember for a long time to come. Yep - I pay for the 23 yer old with a clean record - I don't pay for stupidity - unless of course it's my own.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:26 PM
jordanturbo
Cardigan Millionaire
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by silotwo
Yep - I pay for the 23 yer old with a clean record - I don't pay for stupidity - unless of course it's my own.

I like this idea and will probably do the same with my kid when the time comes (still a long ways away) I think rewarding them for their good behavior is an excellent idea if you can afford it, but the reward has to be deserved.

I was on my own for buying cars, paying for insurance, paying for cellphones, paying for braces etc. even though my parents could more than afford it. That being said I was a less than exemplary child growing up so even if they did it as a reward, chances are I would have never gotten anything.

Quick Reply: Insurance