996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

No signal from OBD Computer system

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 10:30 AM
Shark Attack
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 34 Posts

Well they do not always have the brightest people run these machines. It s agood chance the guy went home and told his wife "what a day, every car I did had no OBD signals, How can so many cars have bad comeputers.. I bet it was that lightning storm last month."

or if they are on this forum they will find a way to blame the MAF
Old 10-10-2012, 04:15 PM
DBJoe996
Rennlist Member

Received 1,091 Likes on 701 Posts

++1 Shark Attack....or the IMS/RMS (sigh). What is good is that someone had an issue, asked questions, dug into some technical aspects of their car and discovered some new things. They got pointed in the right direction and figured out their problem. I think the depth and knowledge of the people on here, plus practical aspects of knowing more about one of the most awesome cars on this planet, are well worth it. Figures some government inspection station would screw up! 2 beers in and headed for a nap!
Old 10-10-2012, 11:02 PM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

ok done and back up lights working again. I jacked the back up, dropped it onto stands and slid in from the back. Real easy to change out the switch. Total cost $28..
One thing I must tell you which I find very strange. I unlplgged the wires from the switch. Unscrewed it and re connected the wires. Push the button on the swtich and they came on. Put it back in the transmission. reconnected it. Switched the ignition on again, selected reverse and still it didn't come on. Took it to Autozone showed them and he showed me a new switch. The button felt harder to push down. I put that in the transmission and BINGO it worked. I then took the car for it's annual and told them that autozone got a signal from my OBD port. I showed them last years pass which stated my OBD port was not working. They appologized and said that there reader was not working correctly last year. DUH... Long story short. Nothing wrong with my OBD port and the car passed with flying colours. Thanks for all your support guys.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:00 AM
sjfehr
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

I had a mechanic failed me for an annual inspection once because the airbag light was out. Only it wasn't, he just didn't know how to test it on a Porsche. Pissed me off. Fortunately, I was able to pretty quickly demonstrate he was wrong. Some mechanics are sharp as hell, but not not all of them are the brightest thinkers in the world.

Quick Reply: No signal from OBD Computer system