Sponsored by:

Would like to borrow/rent timing, RMS, IMS tools -- Boulder, CO

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 11:50 AM
GLIDE
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would like to borrow/rent timing, RMS, IMS tools -- Boulder, CO

I am on the front end of attacking a 3.4 with an intermix problem. Hoping to find a cracked head... but we will see.

Building this 996 as a gift for my father (after verifying restored functionality once or twice ) -- I have a budget and would like to spend most of it on parts rather than tools. Wondering if any rennlisters would be willing to loan or rent me the below timing tools? I will likely end up fabricating the tools (as I have seen done often here) but thought to check in here first.

Also planning on swapping out RMS and IMS while the engine is on the stand and would like to have the right tools for the job. Is anyone willing to rent or loan these tools for a few?

Thanks in advance.

•(#9595) 1 - TDC Alignment Pin: Used to align crankshaft at top dead center during cam.
•(#9612) 1 - Camshaft Lock: Locks camshaft in place during installation of the cam gear.
•(#9611) 2 - Camshaft Supports: Holds down camshafts when adjusting the valve timing
•(#9634) 2 - Camshaft Hold Down Device: Holds down the end of the camshafts during assembly.
• IMS Tool
• RMS Tool

Old 08-04-2012, 04:33 PM
flyingpenguin
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had success going the Ebay-rental-route; Buy the tools, use them, then sell'em on Ebay for a small loss that I consider to be the "rental charges".

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-...ht_4097wt_1052
Old 08-06-2012, 11:02 PM
GLIDE
Instructor

Yep, will likely go down that route if I have to.

Anyone out there willing to help out?
Old 08-13-2012, 12:15 PM
Duffs4
Instructor

I have an RMS tool and a I believe an IMS bearing I could sell you really cheap, I have no need for them anymore. PM me if your interested.

Quick Reply: Would like to borrow/rent timing, RMS, IMS tools -- Boulder, CO