Sponsored by:

HELP! Window/regulator problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 07:25 PM
996_North
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=Likeminds;9698159]
. The problem is that it the window seems to not be sitting properly in the window well/regulator because when it raises the outside surface of the glass presses so hard against the rubber weather stripping that the motor has to strain and it makes a sound like a squeegee scraping across a dry window. Similarly, when the window goes down it presses so hard against the weather stripping that the friction actually grabs hold of the edge of the rubber strip, and folds it over into an inverted u shape as it goes down, putting a lot of strain and stress on the motor and regulator. QUOTE]

I had this exact issue of minor misaligment when I did mine this past weekend. It was corrected my moving the bottom of the rails to the middle position. I loosened the top bolts first, moved the bottom to the centre of the track, then retightened all four. Maybe the rails in your set are warped somehow.? It is almost impossible to mess up the alignment that much.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:10 PM
996pp
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

From what I have been reading it seems that my regulator on the passenger door is giving out. It started making the scratching sound when being lowered or raised. Are the regulators interchangeable between the driver and passenger door, or when I order I need to specify which side?
Old 09-16-2013, 08:41 PM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by 996pp
From what I have been reading it seems that my regulator on the passenger door is giving out. It started making the scratching sound when being lowered or raised. Are the regulators interchangeable between the driver and passenger door, or when I order I need to specify which side?
Pretty sure it's the latter.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:53 PM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Ching Pang
Hi,
i know its a old thread, but here's a tip if someone find themself in same situation.
It need to reprogram the window. you can see it here:
Window Regulator Replacement on a Porsche - YouTube
That's a great video to have as a fav.. thanks.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:28 PM
996pp
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Switched out the passenger window regulator this weekend. Fairly easy but didn't exactly take 10 min like the boxter video attached to the earlier post.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:19 PM
pordlanzer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just tried to replace my drivers side regulator that was malfunctioning with classic symptoms, purchased an aftermarket regulator from a French website that is popular here for 170€ (www.passionauto.com) (aftermarket prices here in FR, cheeper than Porsche original) and was not able to install and adjust right!
Same problems as original problems in the thread. It was like the geometry was off and would't line up.
The aftermarket piece (I don't know the name of the brand) had green pulleys and the window motor housing was white. ( http://www.passionauto.com/A-13898-m...e-996-986.aspx )
The window motor didn't line up correctly with the regulators housing so I switched the housing and still after trying to correctly line the window up for 1 1/2 hours wasn't able to do so and gave up, put the original bum together and re-installed:/

The bottom bracket for the outside rail wasn't in the right axis either...
The aftermarket white plastic housing cracked as well as I attempted to place the motor in it due to the guide holes not being an exact fit...
I'm going to try to return the piece tomorrow and hope to get my money back and then purchase an original Porsche regulator.

Has anyone had this problem before? Like I said, not sure which brand the AM regulator I got is but defiantly not up to spec...

I'll keep you posted when I receive the OE Porsche regulator..

p.s. I got a bonus airbag error as well even though I disconnected the battery every time I had to unplug the side door airbag... Christmas is early I guess..
Old 06-22-2014, 07:37 PM
tipstall
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's a good source for the OEM regulator, my passenger one is shot?
Old 06-22-2014, 07:53 PM
996_North
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I sourced mine through Pelican Parts.
http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/...pg4.htm#item16

Quick Reply: HELP! Window/regulator problem