Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 03:44 PM
JMLavoie
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vange_c4s
hi lerxst,
here is my method (for what its worth)
- i use two blocks of wood, 18" long, 7" wide, and 3" tall - as well as five hockey pucks. i use one puck on the lift saddle, and the other four for the tops of the jack stands.
- block tires/ebrake on
- lift one side from rear factory jack point till both wheels on that side are up (if lifting the entire car place one jack under front factory jack point
- place one of the blocks of wood under rear tire and lower vehicle onto front jack and rear wood block (i use the wood blocks alone for oil changes and also some exhaust work)
- repeat for other side. front is now on jackstands, and rear is on the blocks.
- now take jack and place way under the rear to the large suspension crossmember and jack up entire rear
- place jackstands under both rear factory jackpoints and remove wood blocks
- double check jackstands are holding well before getting under your car
- lowering is just reverse

i have had good luck with this. i have attached a photo as i had just set the rear jackstands. you can see where the jack is, as well as the wood blocks.
This is a great jacking method! Thanks for sharing!
Old 08-28-2012, 03:29 PM
ctoro99
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny to come across this post while looking for information on tires. I noticed my tips were getting lower and lower every time I drove the car. I just had it for about two months - 04-C4S. My first thought was a loose bracket on the exhaust system. Couldn't sleep one night so I got under the car with a flashlight (@ 3 am) and saw that the mounts were completely loose. The nuts (both sides) had gone down at least a 1/2 inch from what I could tell. Tighten them and the next day adjusted the tips to close the gap even more - that part has a learning curve. So......check you mounts if you haven't done so.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:57 PM
Gator996
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Country911
If anyone is looking for a used set of motor mounts (came off my car last week, 38K on the clock) let me know, would be happy to get rid of them.
I would be interested in the mounts.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:30 PM
9won1
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JMLavoie
This is a great jacking method! Thanks for sharing!
This is a more expensive solution, but one that has gained popularity. These will allow you to avoid jacking on cross members or engine/transmission cases. Plus they're solid like crazy. You might want to skip the first couple pages as the thread got a little distracted for a minute.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...ght=jackpoints

Quick Reply: Uneven exhaust tips = bad motor mount?