Sponsored by:

Front bumper damage question

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 02:52 PM
D6lc
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Front bumper damage question

My wife had an unfortunate collision with our garage, visually the front bumper has a small dent and some paint crazing, that looks like a re-paint will address.
My issue is that the bumper on the one side now sits a little lower about 1/8 -1/4 inch bigger gap below the headlight.

To my knowledge there are no brackets to bend behind the bumper, so if the fix a new bumper? Or can the gap somehow be adjusted?
Old 06-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by rossclifford
My wife had an unfortunate collision with our garage, visually the front bumper has a small dent and some paint crazing, that looks like a re-paint will address.
My issue is that the bumper on the one side now sits a little lower about 1/8 -1/4 inch bigger gap below the headlight.

To my knowledge there are no brackets to bend behind the bumper, so if the fix a new bumper? Or can the gap somehow be adjusted?
A qualified body/paint shop can advise you. The bumper cover will be removed and the extent of the damage determined.

Likely the bumper is cracked and will have to be replaced. A new one will fit just like well, a new one.

There will be no gap afterwards.

Oh, do both headlights have the same feel at the top where they mount/reisde at the top of their respective fender?

If not then the head light may have been knocked out of alignment and this can require more work to repair. But the body/paint shop will spot this right away.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:04 AM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

the bumper slides in with guides... they are adjustable, Im sure the guides can be re-positioned to proper fitment.

Quick Reply: Front bumper damage question