Sponsored by:

INDY in Pasadena... AMAZING

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 08:13 PM
SubzeroX
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default INDY in Pasadena... AMAZING

His name is Peter and his biz is called Stuttcar, located in pasadena right off of the 210 Hill exit, in Los Angeles.

I am writing this because i want to support an HONEST guy.

Conflicts of interest: none, i was looking for a PPI here in Janurary, and someone on this board referred me to him. Got PPI done for great price, $150. This guy charges $75/hr for labor + parts (at his price).

I went in today for an oil change, and he hoisted up the car and said I needed a new serpentine belt sooner then later, and I also questioned him about the tranny fluid change as well.

1) He's a SUPER SUUUPER nice guy, he drove me home so I wouldnt have to wait. He also went through a lot of hassle trying to figure out how to connect my FM modulator, as opposed to just saying "cant do it" or "i dont know"
2) He did not try and sell me any services, etc. He showed me the cracks in the S-belt.
3) He did an overall inspection again, test drive, brakes, etc.
4) Gave me honest answers about all of my questions, and I ended up doing the tranny fluid change as well (might as well since i was there).
5) Once again, an uber nice fellow, as is his employee who helps him. Both are extremely knowledgeable, honest, and wont blow sunshine up your.
6) He KNOWS his ****.

One of the most important things about mechanics is trust. Within the first 10 minutes of spending time with him during my PPI last janurary, i knew right off the bat he was trusthworthy. Money doesnt come easy for me, so it was imperative that a mechanic wouldnt try to f$#k me, especially since i dont know jack about cars. If he said "you're X belt needs to be changed its about to burst soon" i'd say "go do it" cause i dont know better. So it was super important to find someone I could trust.

I called porsche dealer Rusnak, and they wanted $325+tax for oil change, 275+tax for s-belt, and $450 for the tranny fluid change.

I left Stuttcar with all the above, PLUS the schosche installation, wiring, etc for $400 out the door.

GO TO HIM!

http://www.stuttcarservice.com/
Old 06-01-2012, 08:26 PM
street rod
Drifting

Received 222 Likes on 167 Posts

Good to hear you found a trusted Indy. I can say the same about RAC Performance in TX.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Esexx
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. I am shopping around for an indy to to some IMS work.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:45 PM
matthewlesko
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 5 Posts

I posted this in another thread, but it deserves a second mention. I had him do a PPI for me on a car that was not local to me. Charge was $150 and he did an extremely thorough job and gave me a ton of data. This price included compression and leakdown, so I thought it was a good deal. PM me for more info. I have no affiliation with him. http://www.stuttcarservice.com/

Quick Reply: INDY in Pasadena... AMAZING