Sponsored by:

996 3.6l on AWD SuperFlow Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 02:05 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by alpine003
Do you have a dyno baseline before you did all your mods?

I know some of these mods don't necessarily create peak HP but I'd be curious as to which ones are more effective(or less) at broadening the power curve.

I think this fact along with improved throttle response should be able to improve track times where it would be more quantifiable than just a HP number.
No I didn't, I have many of my mods done for years and this dyno didn't exist at that time.

Zookie with a 2 year younger C4S had a dyno done stock but it was a different Dyno. He said he had it was 245 to the wheel. On this Dyno he ran 250 to the wheel. 3 hp more then mine.

After 6 years of tracking, I think I will have to rebuild my motor in the next year or two. Valve guides are all worn out and cylinder #4 looks scored. I'll have to redo the dyno again when it's rebuilt.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:23 PM
996_North
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by zman2002 C4S
Only 13 more crank HP for a modded 3.6 over a stock 3.4? That's surprising.
I was certainly happy with my 288...but I still want to sound like Zookie ! need that mod !. The education they supplied was also top notch, heard some historical tid bits about 3.4L history, track limitations, which mods / tunes get you the best bang for your buck.. etc.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by jumper5836
Zookie with a 2 year younger C4S had a dyno done stock but it was a different Dyno. He said he had it was 245 to the wheel. On this Dyno he ran 250 to the wheel. 3 hp more then mine.
Thats not True, i had Dyno done before with all the Mods i have now except EVOMSit. That was a Getto Dyno compare to this. Looks like i only gained 1hp with EVOMSit :P

Originally Posted by 996_North
but I still want to sound like Zookie ! need that mod !..
Lols EVOMS Headers, Fabspeed Cats, Tubi Louds with EVOMS CIA
Old 05-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

EDIT: WHY CANT I DELETE MY POST!!!!!?????
Old 05-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Hardback
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Zookie
Thats not True, i had Dyno done before with all the Mods i have now except EVOMSit. That was a Getto Dyno compare to this. Looks like i only gained 1hp with EVOMSit :P

1 HP? Guess I can mark that mod off the list

On a side note, that is the nicest dyno room Ive ever seen! Maybe time to do another dyno session now that my motor is broken in.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:32 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

ok, guess I misunderstood you then. Guess we don't have a stock dyno reading.

Here is the dyno chart that my fancy IPD plenum was suppose to do.

I am really off (-19 hp) just what the stock pre-plenum figures are.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:11 PM
Tbred911
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ipd plenum may move power curve to the right... but you need before and after and same dyno under same conditions...

how much does this shop charge for a dyno run? did you guys run with 94 octane... ?
Old 05-08-2012, 12:27 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Tbred911
ipd plenum may move power curve to the right... but you need before and after and same dyno under same conditions...

how much does this shop charge for a dyno run? did you guys run with 94 octane... ?
btw, I was told told 3.6l avg 310 on this dyno. Mods have really made my engine lose hp.

Normally $225 for a run but it's not really the run its the hour and half prep getting it on and off that is takes the time.

Shell 91 for me and I think most of us.

There is no 94 that doesn't contain ethonol. I won't run with any ethonlol unless I know it will get burnt off during the same day and I'm in dire need of gas.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:05 AM
SSST
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're lucky on the gas. You can't get gas without ethanol in Texas anymore. We have 93 octane, but the ethanol more than offsets it. I'm working with Kevin at UMW to try to get my motor optimized for 93 octane with 10% ethanol.

Right now I'm getting misfires in the upper RPM ranges in 4th. Upgrading the coil packs, new plugs and o2 sensors this week.

I need to find a dyno event around Houston.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:17 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by SSST
You're lucky on the gas. You can't get gas without ethanol in Texas anymore. We have 93 octane, but the ethanol more than offsets it. I'm working with Kevin at UMW to try to get my motor optimized for 93 octane with 10% ethanol.

Right now I'm getting misfires in the upper RPM ranges in 4th. Upgrading the coil packs, new plugs and o2 sensors this week.

I need to find a dyno event around Houston.
Well lucky for now. Hopefully we aren't forced to go the same way.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:45 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, $225!? When I used to organize dyno events I'd try to get the price down to $50-$60 for two runs. I've never paid more than that at other people's events either but I guess for the premier Dynometer on the Continent you must pay a premium.

btw, I was told told 3.6l avg 310 on this dyno. Mods have really made my engine lose hp.

Normally $225 for a run but it's not really the run its the hour and half prep getting it on and off that is takes the time.

Shell 91 for me and I think most of us.

There is no 94 that doesn't contain ethonol. I won't run with any ethonlol unless I know it will get burnt off during the same day and I'm in dire need of gas.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by washington dc porsche
Wow, $225!? When I used to organize dyno events I'd try to get the price down to $50-$60 for two runs. I've never paid more than that at other people's events either but I guess for the premier Dynometer on the Continent you must pay a premium.
yea this is not a $60 Getto Dyno... And we dint pay $225 for the Group Buy... With all the Info that is Provided in the Handbook for your Dyno Session, Plus a DVD with Video and Telematics, plus a no **** talking facility. Includes fully catered Lunch and a complete inspection of the car before dyno run, they even added Coolant and a Liter of Oil in my car on the house. i think $225 is a good fun time
Old 05-08-2012, 02:06 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by washington dc porsche
Ya when we did our group event, we got it for $150. They had 4 mechanical workers and 1 administrative worker for 11 cars. It was a very long day.

We pay at least $105 an hour for a mechanic I can't see him doing it for nothing.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:25 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Getto Dyno, interesting phrase.

None the less, sounds like a premium experience. Will you guys post the graphs? I see one but it doesn't have the wheel torque numbers.

yea this is not a $60 Getto Dyno... And we dint pay $225 for the Group Buy... With all the Info that is Provided in the Handbook for your Dyno Session, Plus a DVD with Video and Telematics, plus a no **** talking facility. Includes fully catered Lunch and a complete inspection of the car before dyno run, they even added Coolant and a Liter of Oil in my car on the house. i think $225 is a good fun time
Old 05-08-2012, 02:31 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Nice.. How many runs did you get, 2?

Ya when we did our group event, we got it for $150. They had 4 mechanical workers and 1 administrative worker for 11 cars. It was a very long day.

We pay at least $105 an hour for a mechanic I can't see him doing it for nothing.

Quick Reply: 996 3.6l on AWD SuperFlow Dyno results