Sponsored by:

Cruise Control Operation Normal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2022, 12:42 PM
mtrout
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeswift
I never had manual car with Cruise control. So I almost got a heart attack when driving on a highway I pressed the clutch got the gear out and the engine reved to the max, till I guess the limiter shut the fuel off. Is this normal? I am assuming I have to turn of cruise before taking the car out of gear?
It's probably ridiculous for me to reply to a 10-year-old message, but I've been looking for an answer to this very question since acquiring my 2022 6-speed Boxster. I also nearly panicked the first time I downshifted onto an exit ramp (having driven for miles with the cruise control on), only to discover that depression of the clutch did not de-activate the cruise setting. I've drive manual cars for decades (I'm 76), and NEVER encountered this before. When I consulted the owner's manual, I came across the following illogical information: the clutch switch deactivates the cruise only when depressed for 7 seconds! Has anyone else encountered this in a newer Porsche? Can anyone shed light on why the system would be engineered this way (which is quite dangerous)? Most importantly: Has anyone discovered a way to fix it?

Quick Reply: Cruise Control Operation Normal?