996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Longer seat belt receptacles for 996?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 11:25 AM
dotframe
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Longer seat belt receptacles for 996?

Has anyone put in longer seat belt receptacles to accommodate GT2 or aftermarket seats in a 996?

There are some longer ones made specifically for the GT2 seats in the 997 and I could really use them for my OMP seats. I just don't know if the little wire will connect up correctly to the 996 and I can't find any part numbers specific to the 996 for longer seat belt receptacles.

The ones I've found are described here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...t-install.html

They are over $100 each and I don't want to waste money if they won't connect up right
Old 04-23-2012, 01:32 PM
Sneaky Pete
Nordschleife Master

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by dotframe
Has anyone put in longer seat belt receptacles to accommodate GT2 or aftermarket seats in a 996?

There are some longer ones made specifically for the GT2 seats in the 997 and I could really use them for my OMP seats. I just don't know if the little wire will connect up correctly to the 996 and I can't find any part numbers specific to the 996 for longer seat belt receptacles.

They are over $100 each and I don't want to waste money if they won't connect up right
Does not look those will work. The plug is different. I would contact a used parts place....say Oklahoma Foreign for one. Or the other option is just re-use the ones that are on your OEM seats. GL!
Old 04-23-2012, 01:49 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by dotframe

I have them in the 6GT3 with Recaro seats.
They are great (for any bucket seat with hi sides) because, you can pass them through the seat's side opening and have a perfect fit for the 3p belts.
(The Euro GT3 seats work with the std 996 ones.)

The connectors of the 7 are different and if you want to connect them you have to reuse the ones from the 996 buckles.
But, I tried it, and they do not communicate well.
The 996 ones are an open circuit that closes when you connect the buckles (giving the warning light) and opens again when the belt is secured.
(Note that on RoW cars we only have one connector for the driver's seat and that simply leaving the connector unplugged gives no warning light. Perhaps US cars (that use warning connectors for both sides) are different and compatible with the 997 buckles)
Old 04-23-2012, 05:45 PM
dotframe
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
I have them in the 6GT3 with Recaro seats.
They are great (for any bucket seat with hi sides) because, you can pass them through the seat's side opening and have a perfect fit for the 3p belts.
(The Euro GT3 seats work with the std 996 ones.)

The connectors of the 7 are different and if you want to connect them you have to reuse the ones from the 996 buckles.
But, I tried it and, they do not communicate well.
The 996 ones are an open circuit that closes when you connect the buckles (giving the warning light) and opens again when the belt is secured.
(Note that on RoW cars we only have one connector for the driver's seat and that simply leaving the connector unplugged gives no warning light. Perhaps US cars (that use warning connectors for both sides) are different and compatible with the 997 buckles)

Thanks. Think I'll start with one and see how it goes. Struggling with these shorty receptacles every time I get in the seats just won't do.
Old 09-04-2018, 11:41 PM
NoEardGoat
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Bringing back an old thread here that didn't seem to come to a conclusion. I am in this same scenario, looking for longer seat belt receptacles to work with my Sparco qrt-r seats installed in my 2003 996tt. The stock belt receptacles have 4 wires, I bought some longer 997 receptacles, but they only have 2 wires.
Has anyone come up with a solution?

Last edited by NoEardGoat; 09-05-2018 at 01:40 AM.
Old 09-05-2018, 12:35 PM
Fracture
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by NoEardGoat
Bringing back an old thread here that didn't seem to come to a conclusion. I am in this same scenario, looking for longer seat belt receptacles to work with my Sparco qrt-r seats installed in my 2003 996tt. The stock belt receptacles have 4 wires, I bought some longer 997 receptacles, but they only have 2 wires.
Has anyone come up with a solution?

I bought an extender for my 928 as the female portion is almost hidden

https://www.seatbeltextenderpros.com...belt-extender/

maybe not the route you want to take, but it's certainly an option
Old 09-06-2018, 03:46 AM
lowpue
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 263 Posts

I have them and work great in my EuroGT3 seats

Quick Reply: Longer seat belt receptacles for 996?