Sponsored by:

car alarm beeping

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 12:33 PM
mikeswift
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car alarm beeping

Is there a way to make your car alarm beep when you arm or disarm? My car make a chirping nosice if I leave the doors open otherwise it just flashed the lights. Its little anoying as I have no confirmation if the car is locked or not.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:49 PM
function12
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

No way to program it to do that. Most people with just bend the small silver micro switch lever in the center console out of the way. Now the car thinks the center console is always oepn and you will now get a beep.
Or you can spend a couple hundred dollars on a smarttop module. I think you can program it to beep with that.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:17 PM
mikeswift
Instructor

Originally Posted by function12
No way to program it to do that. Most people with just bend the small silver micro switch lever in the center console out of the way. Now the car thinks the center console is always oepn and you will now get a beep.
Or you can spend a couple hundred dollars on a smarttop module. I think you can program it to beep with that.

i have the smarttop module but it dose not work too well. What is this micro switch lever in centere console? I have a cab would I hae that too? What is the exacat location of it? thanks
Old 04-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeswift
Is there a way to make your car alarm beep when you arm or disarm? My car make a chirping nosice if I leave the doors open otherwise it just flashed the lights. Its little anoying as I have no confirmation if the car is locked or not.
The lights flashing is confirmation. I watch these out of the corner of my eye when I lock the car.

The lights flashing and and at least with my cars the distinct -- even given my crummy hearing -- noise the door and gas filler lid locks make when locking or unlocking the car is better than a beep of the horn.

The sound of the car's doors and gas filler lid locking/unlocking makes me think of a bank vault door locking or unlocking.

Given I come in sometimes late at night and I have neighbors that I prefer not to disturb I prefer a rather quiet car, at least one that doesn't sound its horn when it is locked or unlocked.

When I hear a car beep when being locked (and some cars emit a rather loud beep) I think that is so last century...

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:45 PM
function12
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

If you look down into the latch on the center console you will see a small silver lever. You just use a small screw driver to push the lever out of the way. Now the alarm think the center console is always open. If you don't like the result the just move the silver lever back.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:00 AM
mikeswift
Instructor

Originally Posted by function12
If you look down into the latch on the center console you will see a small silver lever. You just use a small screw driver to push the lever out of the way. Now the alarm think the center console is always open. If you don't like the result the just move the silver lever back.
what do you mean by centere console? Front trunk? Front boot? or somewhere inside.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:24 AM
SSST
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the smart top /remote top for my cab. No problems at all, and I do like the beep. It also locks the doors when I stop moving and unlocks them when I remove the key.

This should have been a std feature IMO.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:37 AM
Karl996
Advanced

Originally Posted by mikeswift
what do you mean by centere console? Front trunk? Front boot? or somewhere inside.
Compartment betweeen the seats. The one which can be locked by the key.

Having said that I am not sure you would want to do that. A beep is associated with a fault in the arming of the alarm system and doing this would negate that.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:51 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Is it just the standard horn that beeps? Or is it a separate one? I ask because a proper siren for the alarm would be nice!
Old 04-19-2012, 09:20 AM
LC MotorSports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Karl996
Compartment betweeen the seats. The one which can be locked by the key.

Having said that I am not sure you would want to do that. A beep is associated with a fault in the arming of the alarm system and doing this would negate that.
As Karl states the Beep indicates that you have an open circuit in the Alarm security system. I.E open window, Sunroof, hood, engine lid, door a jar... even a missing radio. When you bypass this system you send fault codes to the DME every time you activate the alarm.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:25 PM
mikeswift
Instructor

Originally Posted by NZ951
Is it just the standard horn that beeps? Or is it a separate one? I ask because a proper siren for the alarm would be nice!
I wonder if could attach second horn to the gas tank lid, and make it beep everytime that locks. or even just run a wire from that to the car horn.

Quick Reply: car alarm beeping