Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Washing the car - Foaming using regular hose/adapter - Leaf blower dry questions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 04:24 PM
SSST
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I only blow dry my car with air imported from the mountains near Stuttgart.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:50 PM
aviography
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Topaz330ci
Impressive video! And They have a 996 in it..

http://www.griotsgarage.com/text/con...r_blowers.html

But it's a little pricey for me!
You can find the same thing cheaper elsewhere, Griot relabels this item manufactured by Metro Force, I bought my 8 HP unit from Autoanything, this is their page for the 4 HP unit http://www.autoanything.com/car-care/69A3935A0A0.aspx.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Axeman
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

I just take it to this car wash place, well worth the money in my opinion
Attached Images  
Old 06-03-2012, 09:07 AM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by aviography
You can find the same thing cheaper elsewhere, Griot relabels this item manufactured by Metro Force, I bought my 8 HP unit from Autoanything, this is their page for the 4 HP unit http://www.autoanything.com/car-care/69A3935A0A0.aspx.
OK This chap mentioned a leaf blower not a specially designed blower for intricate crevices on Cars and Motor cycles as you show in these links. Those are NOT LEAF BLOWERS. Thats why I was laughing. Then he tells me in a later post that he has something with a leaf blower attachment.. Not so funny now.
He should get one like this one and he can blow the spit out of his dogs mouth after he does the car hehe .

Old 06-03-2012, 09:22 AM
PasPar2
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

my process (got this down to 20 minutes or so)

This This

with this with this

hose down

repeat, agitate with soft sponge from lowes

dry with microfiber

sometimes spray on quick detailer and wipe down with another microfiber towl
Old 06-04-2012, 07:58 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

very nice stance...

Old 01-10-2015, 01:09 AM
Nounkilthe
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Makita BBX7600N 75.6 CC 4-Stroke Backpack Blower is the latest best leaf blower brand known to me so far.. It has padded shoulder straps and ventilated back panel with lumbar support for improved operator comfort. I am having this from past 6 months .. It is easy to start, not as loud as I thought it would be and very powerful too
Old 01-10-2015, 03:10 PM
Gulliver
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I will caution driving through the touchless or any other similar car wash- if you have the turbo twist wheels (like my avatar) or other wheels where the hubs stick out- you will absolutely gouge the spokes on the rails that keep the soccer moms from getting crossed up in there..
Old 01-10-2015, 03:25 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,805 Likes on 1,504 Posts

High pressure air is great as a first step in drying a car, particularly for driving water out of crevices like mirrors, door handles, body seams, air intake grilles, wheels, etc.

Really doesn't matter if it is a standard garage type air compressor (though you'll need high output compressor and/or a big tank), gas or electric leaf blower, or metro-vac type blower. I've used all of them and they all work better than no air.

I also bought a foam gun last year, works o.k. but it's not quite the magic tool some forums would have you think. This is
the one the one
I bought (great reviews), along with this soap...

At the 'add quarters self car wash', you do have to be careful. They all use recycled water, and filters sometimes get torn, bypassed, or just left off, which turns the high pressure hose into a bit of a water jet sandblaster.

Quick Reply: Washing the car - Foaming using regular hose/adapter - Leaf blower dry questions?