Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Washing the car - Foaming using regular hose/adapter - Leaf blower dry questions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 10:04 PM
kromdom
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Riad
Brushless car wash.
It's a car, not a Fabergé egg.
+100.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:15 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera

Do you find the saliva strips the wax?
If your really ****, only the tongue of virgins will do.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:24 PM
jdog
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Straight to the gutter... from washing your B*&ch to being a B&^ch!

Just read my post... that wasn't intended at anyone, but the flow of posts....
Old 04-18-2012, 08:50 AM
Topaz330ci
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Capt. Obvious
If you want to blow-dry the car, pick up something like this made for motorcylces:

http://www.amazon.com/Metro-Vacuum-S...4691333&sr=8-1
Cool find... and there is a 996 wheel in the example. I don't think this will have enough power for bigger surfaces....

I do like the idea mentioned in a few posts above about taking the nozzle off and just letting the water pour. It's true, and I’ve done this and it works very well especially if the car has been buffed/waxed well.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:52 AM
jdog
Pro

This blower is a little spendy but i think the air is filtered.
http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...ortby=ourPicks
Old 04-18-2012, 08:52 AM
Topaz330ci
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jdog

I just ordered this the other day. I will let you all know how it works when I get to cleaning. Which at this rate with amount of work I have may never come....
Thanks jdog! This is exactly what I was looking for! Did you get it off the site or at a local hardware store? Let me know if it works well, I don't see why it wouldn't. I'll be definitely picking one up as this is exactly what I was looking for after opting to go for the pressure washer!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:54 AM
jdog
Pro

Originally Posted by Topaz330ci
Thanks jdog! This is exactly what I was looking for! Did you get it off the site or at a local hardware store? Let me know if it works well, I don't see why it wouldn't. I'll be definitely picking one up as this is exactly what I was looking for after opting to go for the pressure washer!
I ordered it from the site. I also ordered a sampler kit of their products. We will see how it goes.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:00 AM
Topaz330ci
Burning Brakes

jdog,

I found the proper one for foaming, this is it:

But the one you saw, is excellent as well as then you would only need one bucket to clean off your wash mitt, and spray the soap on instead of applying it with the mitt!

Good find!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:04 AM
jdog
Pro

Shoot.. good catch I must have missed that one and it was right on the same page... I will try the one that I ordered and if I don't like the amount of soap that is laid down I will order the one you found. Thanks
Old 04-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Topaz330ci
Burning Brakes

This blower is a little spendy but i think the air is filtered.
Impressive video! And They have a 996 in it..

http://www.griotsgarage.com/text/con...r_blowers.html

But it's a little pricey for me!
Old 04-18-2012, 03:57 PM
Topaz330ci
Burning Brakes

Here is a very impressive thread with great knowledge on this subject!

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...-foam-gun.html

Also, here is probably one of the best foam guns available!!!:

Amazon Amazon
Old 04-18-2012, 04:44 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by rpm's S2
That works fine... As long as you don't care about protecting your paint. The very harsh cleaning chemicals that make a brushless system work will strip off your wax.
Dude I've been washing my 2004 C4S Cab at the car wash for the past 8 years (bought the car new in Jan. 2004) and I can tell you that the car looks brand new when she's clean. These cars, like most German cars have excellent paint jobs.

My first 911, the 2001 I used to wash with a diaper, I guess I just have 2nd Porsche syndrome but honestly touchless or brushless car washes work perfectly and give me 2 hours of my life back that I don't normally have.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:34 PM
jdog
Pro

I just ordered this the other day. I will let you all know how it works when I get to cleaning. Which at this rate with amount of work I have may never come....
This works great in my opinion. It doesn't give too much soap as to wasting it but just enough to give the soap a head start on cleaning off the grime before you use the wash mitt also. I like it!
BTW I also used their Speed n Shine detailer and it works great as well.
Good stuff by Griots!
Old 06-01-2012, 02:25 AM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Topaz330ci
Hi Guys,

I’m looking into a new washing method for my car and I was thinking of adding the following to my regime:

1. Electric Pressure Washer for foaming the car - Would you guys suggest a 1800 PSI or 2000 PSI one? Also, what is a good foaming solution and what % of mix should I use?

2. Electric leaf blower for drying – What do you think of a 12A leaf blower? Does that have enough power?

I still plan to use the double bucket wash system after the foaming....

If you guys have any additional tips, spit them out please!!

Thanks,

Alin
Is this a serious question or what?

I haven't stopped laughing yet hahaha. Leaf Blower??? hehehe.. I use hose pipe all over car first. In the shade not in the sun. Then follow up with bucket of warm water with zipwax in it together with large sponge. Rinsing with cold water hose as I go. Kind of following it up. Wheels and tires last with small round brush to get inside rims and same bucket of water with zip wax in it then hit it with the cold water hose. Then I use a shammy leather dragged full open to soak up droplets all over the car and windows sqeezing dry the shammy leather and reusing as I go. I did use a power washer one time but found it a bit to severe and time consuming anyway. I find it quicker to do it all by hand. Plus it keeps me fitter. BTW mine is a cabriolet or I would be using the auto car wash as I do in the winter when I have the hard top on it.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:40 PM
Topaz330ci
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Hurdigurdiman
Is this a serious question or what?

I haven't stopped laughing yet hahaha. Leaf Blower??? hehehe.. I use hose pipe all over car first. In the shade not in the sun. Then follow up with bucket of warm water with zipwax in it together with large sponge. Rinsing with cold water hose as I go. Kind of following it up. Wheels and tires last with small round brush to get inside rims and same bucket of water with zip wax in it then hit it with the cold water hose. Then I use a shammy leather dragged full open to soak up droplets all over the car and windows sqeezing dry the shammy leather and reusing as I go. I did use a power washer one time but found it a bit to severe and time consuming anyway. I find it quicker to do it all by hand. Plus it keeps me fitter. BTW mine is a cabriolet or I would be using the auto car wash as I do in the winter when I have the hard top on it.
It was a serious question, yes

Laugh up more... as I bought a new ShopVac without even thinking that it had a leaf blower option... bonus... and it works very well and now I hand wash like yourself, and dry it with the leaf blower instead of using a shammy or cali blade or anything else for that matter.

Quick Reply: Washing the car - Foaming using regular hose/adapter - Leaf blower dry questions?