P21s WOW! - Need Advice Next Steps

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 10:15 PM
ryangambrill
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P21s WOW! - Need Advice Next Steps

Hey Guys-

Just used the P21s Gel on the polished wheels. Truly amazed how great the stuff works.

The wheels are now clean but it is obvious that the finish needs to be touched up. I could do this by hand with some Mother's polish, but looking for a more efficient way to get this done.

What tools/materials should I buy? High speed polisher? Was also thinking about giving AutoGeek.net a call.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:33 AM
David Clarke
Advanced

A dual action polisher, you need no previous experience, and as long as you don't drop it on the car, can do no damage. You can buy these at auto stores in various qualities, don't spend a fortune.

3M black polishing pads are ideal, as I am assuming paint in in good condition, but has swirls, and probably some oxidation.

I am about to do mine this coming weekend. So, will Clay bar it to get the lumps off it.

Will hit it with Meguiars swirl remover 2.0 and the buffer.

Then with Meguiars #7 Glaze, put it on with a foam pad and clean it off with a polishing pad.

Lastly with Meguiars nxt generation tech wax, the liquid one (important), it comes in a box with an applicator pad and a microfibre cloth, use both.

Nothing above will cut the paint, just fine polish and magic.

Give the Mothers stuff away (sorry, but its not going to get used after you try the above)
Old 04-16-2012, 07:02 AM
ryangambrill
Pro

Originally Posted by David Clarke
A dual action polisher, you need no previous experience, and as long as you don't drop it on the car, can do no damage. You can buy these at auto stores in various qualities, don't spend a fortune.

3M black polishing pads are ideal, as I am assuming paint in in good condition, but has swirls, and probably some oxidation.

I am about to do mine this coming weekend. So, will Clay bar it to get the lumps off it.

Will hit it with Meguiars swirl remover 2.0 and the buffer.

Then with Meguiars #7 Glaze, put it on with a foam pad and clean it off with a polishing pad.

Lastly with Meguiars nxt generation tech wax, the liquid one (important), it comes in a box with an applicator pad and a microfibre cloth, use both.

Nothing above will cut the paint, just fine polish and magic.

Give the Mothers stuff away (sorry, but its not going to get used after you try the above)
Thanks for the advice, but not sure we are talking about the same thing. My paint is in great condition. I am talking about the polished wheels.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:25 AM
David Clarke
Advanced

Whoops, one too many wines, didn't read your first post correctly. Not any experience with aluminum.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:31 PM
Litesonic
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was told that Mothers is not for anodized wheels... like ours on the 996 40 Jahre.

I would love to know what to use as well. I am a Big fan of Mothers by the way, great stuff I have used on many other wheels.

Quick Reply: P21s WOW! - Need Advice Next Steps