Sorry, but:

The tinting.....no
The wheels....no
The wing.....no
The rubber band tires......no.

Otherwise, the car looks good.
+1

I hate to be hating bro but I am with this guy^

Especially those wheels, they just don't fit Porsche elegance... they get the boy toy tag. The old wheels do look MUCH BETTER.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:52 PM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Very BAD *SS!
Old 04-28-2012, 07:09 PM
Lawson4323
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alpine003
There have been a growing number of people that actually buy these cars lately for looks as a priority with little to no priority given on performance, safety, sensibility, etc.

Old farts beware, the new generation is coming and will completely flip the Porsche tuning world upside down.

Btw, I probably belong in the old fart camp too but I do believe in individuality in car customizing whether I deem it to be good or bad. Sort of like the free speech constitution for cars.

Carbon Fiber this, LED's that, Matte this, Clear light that, Wrap this, Kevlar that, Widest wheels this, Black rims that, Tint lights this, biggest tires that, Plasti-dip this.....etc...blah, blah,blah...

My $,03
Yup 25, 2nd Porsche 996 and part of the old farts I guess lol. Op I like that your daring enough to mod and change the game up color I think the car is sick besides the rims. I'd stick some Rotiform concave TMP's on there ;-) cheers!
Old 04-29-2012, 04:00 AM
alpine003
Banned

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by jdog
Interesting statement..From the looks of your avatar you have a little bit of young fart in you though i.e. the gold rims...
Not bagging on you just saying...
I guess you never seen motorsports throughout the 80's, 90's, 00's and I'm guessing you don't realize that BBS produces gold wheels?

This is definitely not what I consider a fad but racing livery to celebrate the spirits of GT racing. Although there have been people of late that do not understand the racing connection or origins and do it as a fad.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:36 PM
roperin
Track Day

Okay, I am not crazy about the wheels either, i'd rather the rims were accentuated rather than the spokes, BTW I have some two and a half inch high porsche shield decals. how about i stick them on the front fenders a la Ferrari ? whats everyone think? Cool or NBG ?
Old 06-07-2012, 01:40 AM
CampioniShop
Former Vendor

Love the Rodericks - great purchase.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:30 AM
jdog
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alpine003
I guess you never seen motorsports throughout the 80's, 90's, 00's and I'm guessing you don't realize that BBS produces gold wheels?

This is definitely not what I consider a fad but racing livery to celebrate the spirits of GT racing. Although there have been people of late that do not understand the racing connection or origins and do it as a fad.
I like the gold rims on your car. I think that the look is much more subtle than the OP's look. I do realize who BBS is and that they do produce gold rims. Like I said I like the wheels on your car. I personally wouldn't put them on mine just because that is not the look I want, but like I said in my earlier post to each their own!
Old 06-07-2012, 12:24 PM
RF5BPilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You probably have done it, but you might get someone to make some videos of your car under different lighting conditions, at different speeds. It might affect how you feel about your choices. (Might make you like them even more.)

I think a lot of the decorative "tuning" started with mandated pollution controls on engines. When you couldn't really do much (legally) to alter the performance of a car, what was left to customize? It was only then we started to see extensive body kits, wilder wheels, etc. Also a different generation...e.g., one that embraces drifting more than road racing....raised by, "If you've got it, flaunt it" parents. So, things change. Not much startling about that.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:34 PM
alpine003
Banned

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by jdog
I like the gold rims on your car. I think that the look is much more subtle than the OP's look. I do realize who BBS is and that they do produce gold rims. Like I said I like the wheels on your car. I personally wouldn't put them on mine just because that is not the look I want, but like I said in my earlier post to each their own!
Thanks and that's what makes this hobby exciting to see everyone's own tastes coming out and being expressed in their rides.

I think if we all did the exact same mods or looks, we would've already been assimilated into the Borg.

Old 06-07-2012, 02:59 PM
felsyeh
Intermediate

I really like those wheels on the style that you're going for on your car, looks very clean IMO, and overall the car looks very clean and definitely stands out from the crowd / makes the car look much newer.

Also a fan of the gold BBS on the black car.

I have the 18" sport designs on my midnight blue c2 and I'm very happy with it after getting the rims repaired and paint detailed by autospatlc in the bay area. I have noticed a lot of blue 996s that haven't aged well lately.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:03 PM
felsyeh
Intermediate

What taillights do you have on there OP? Mine have gotten cloudy and a quick stop at the wash using meguiars kit helped, but still looks very aged. I'm going to pop them off and sand/ polish for an hour and see if it has any big changes, otherwise I will consider getting them replaced with aftermarket.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:03 PM
SacTownGuy
Racer

I like that everybody posts their honest opinion here. Rather than all yes-men.

I personally love the Rodericks and was thinking of getting those exact ones for my car. That plan is on hold now.

Young, old, whatever. Everybody is different.

I think your car looks awesome in all facets!
Old 09-18-2012, 05:25 PM
chriswit1
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by golfmanlk
opinion... worst wheels i've ever seen on a a german car... period.

To Date: I've had about 100 "Coolest Wheels I've ever seen" Also, I Love them myself, and wouldn't knock yours even though they are not my style! To say worst wheels ever is a bit mean especially since my track times went down almost 2 seconds... Function over form!!!!!!! I love all Porsche's Regardless of the owners style... The guy up the street from me has a 944 turbo on 20's, and its sick! to each his own!!!!
Old 09-18-2012, 05:30 PM
chriswit1
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-18-2012, 05:51 PM
rmc1148
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

+2 with vgm911 very clean car but this sort of stuff is not in line with a high end euro car= more vw lower rent audi,and yes I know no one gives a rats *** what I think lol.

Quick Reply: New Wheels Today, Fenders Rolled