Sponsored by:

Caught Myself - What Not To Do

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 09:11 AM
Pac996
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RPMulli
But it leaves a crease in the carpet over time.......
Get older and go bald so that you can use your hair brush for other things like fluffing the cars carpet
Old 04-06-2012, 09:48 AM
aviography
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jumper5836
The emblem is attached by a single mounting stud and screw. The stud is attached to the emblem in the center and doesn't have much area of contact. The contact area can become weak if there is any play when pushing on the emblem.

Eventually the contact area will weaken enough for the emblem to come off. I know I've lost 1 emblem as it flew off my hood driving at speed and another one later when washing the car.

I don't really even close it by the emblem but I imagine doing it would put more stress on it and cause it to fall off sooner.
There are TWO straight metal studs brazed to the bottom of the emblem, the retaining nuts spiral onto the studs through friction, there are no threads on the studs, they are smooth.

Pressing on the emblem with one's palm to close the hood shouldn't put any undue stress on the emblem IMHO.

On other cars I've owned, I could always close the hood by just letting it drop from 6" or "help" it a bit while closing the hood, the 996 is the only car I actually have press on any part of the hood to close it, since letting the hood drop from 6" just doesn't work.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:46 PM
RPMulli
Banned

Received 49 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Pac996
Get older and go bald so that you can use your hair brush for other things like fluffing the cars carpet
Old 04-07-2012, 01:59 AM
Pac996
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RPMulli
My nephew visiting a long time ago asked if he could have my wood hair brush.
His sales technique was I don't need it anymore. Real nice kid right. Lives in NYC now the fricking little punk WITH MY BRUSH

Don't turn the rear defroster on if you have window tinting back there.
It makes the plastic foggy

Quick Reply: Caught Myself - What Not To Do