996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Drive Safely Folks...

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 04:42 PM
DJonathanSilva
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eric, very well written. Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns.

Life is to short. Drive safe
Old 04-01-2012, 11:54 PM
jasper
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Sound to me like the person at the front of the line was in the fast lane driving too slow and any number of people were pulling into the slow lane to get around him.

This is my number 1 problem on North American roads today.

"Stay right except to pass" and "slower traffic keep right"

Its like these signs are invisible to people.

A-holes.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:22 AM
Sue Esponte
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mmmmmmm....not sure that's the case. Nobody was driving that fast because it was during morning traffic. If anything it may have been because people were driving too close. Traffic typically starts to slow down, sometimes very quickly, as it hits the crest right before the next exit. My guess is that at least one or two of the drivers was caught off guard by the abrupt slow down. The MR2 driver (who was probably one of those surprised...maybe or maybe not) probably overreacted.

-Eric
Old 05-22-2013, 04:26 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 290 Posts

Stumbled upon this older thread while in search mode and felt compelled to reply.

Yes, the MR2 driver was EXTREMELY lucky, especially with regards to her neck...I was involved in a rollover on an offramp 4 weeks ago in a closed car (not a Porsche) and came away with 2 neck fractures resulting in nerve issues that hopefully the doctor will tell me aren't permanent, as well as 3 rib fractures.

That's bad enough, but all the work I put into this offseason keeping myself in shape to withstand another 30+/- DE and open track days this season has now gone to waste, as well as now beating myself up mentally as to how I could have let something like this happen (please don't ask). And this after setting an all-time personal best laptime at the event I did get to attend before all this happened; I was completely geeked for this season.

Just remember: Live your life, but things can and do happen in the blink of an eye that can/will change your life.

Quick Reply: Drive Safely Folks...