Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJonathanSilva
Bummer it doesn't have an LSD

I didn't even notice that :-(
Old 03-26-2012, 01:57 PM
DJonathanSilva
Advanced

If you are a PCA member, there are some really good deals out there. Priced well, and they usually have service records / well maintained etc...
Old 03-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Marks951
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it was an original aerokit, has good records, and looks good I would say it is a good price.

I just sold a 01 aerokit car with records back to 2004 in that price range. however it had a lot of records was garage kept and had a few upgrades and some extras that went with the car.

That car looks okay, but some documents would help and so would seeing the quality of the aero parts, the bumper cover from an aero car has about 4 different plastic trim panels by the fender wells that differ from a regular car. The factory aero rear spoiler has problems with paint bubbling on the center section, so an aftermarket one may be an improvement.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:30 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "true aero kit car".

As long as the parts are Porsche and the kit is complete, does it matter whether it was installed at the factory, or afterwards?
Old 03-26-2012, 11:20 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

^ documentation and maintenance records are key. Optioned from the factory is not necessary.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:26 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by chsu74
^ documentation and maintenance records are key. Optioned from the factory is not necessary.
That's exactly the point I was driving at. Having a Porsche part with the part numbers visible and the installation/purchase records - it doesn't matter where it came from.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:32 AM
Lawson4323
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Lawson4323
Yeah it's very aggressive but in this economy it's worth the chance. The worse he could say is no. Realistically speaking I think we will end up somewhere slightly north of 20k. I'm buying this car for the long term. At 25 right now I would have liked to have a original aero car. Things like that would be worth more not only to me but in the long run when I'm 65 and want to sell it. Similar to a classic car of the yester years where you deal with numbers matching and decoding of vins. finding out non a/c cars are worth more then cars with a/c based on rarity etc etc so on and so forth.

I have a history of tuner modified cars. They work great when done right but at this point in time I'm really trying to steer clear of it. This car is very sharp looking though so I'll make the slight exception.
I'm sure is original price was based off of him thinking it's a true aero car but it's not, he says the Shaft bearing was done and he used a aftermarket sealed bearing of some sort but he wasnt able to show proof, the brakes in any case suck, the front bumper needs a respray. I guess we shall see what happens right?
Old 03-27-2012, 11:53 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

Run away. There is a nice red aero in the vehicle marketplace on this forum for sale. Its got all the maintenance and looks to be a nice car.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:31 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 58 Likes on 25 Posts

he says the Shaft bearing was done and he used a aftermarket sealed bearing of some sort but he wasn't able to show proof,
You see, this statement is BS right there. IF he spent the money required to have this bearing replaced I can tell you he would HAVE the receipt. Anyone spending this much on this car - espy this upgrade would frame the god damn receipt after what 996 owners have gone through!!!

He's treating it too flippantly as if he bought a drill bit at Home Depot and lost the receipt. Failing that he could point you to the people who changed it who could provide a record of proof. The reason he is selling is that he doesn't want to be the one spending the 1800-2K on the replacement. He knows proof of this claim bumps the value of this car up, so lets see if I can scam my way through a sale...

Agree with others - walk away - lots of other 996's out there.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:16 PM
Porschelova
Advanced

Lawson, where did you get your spoiler? I have an 01 cab and I do want the aerokit rear spoiler. That is all I want from the Aerokit. The front bumper, if I was going to switch it, I would use the Fiberwerks, but not crazy about their rear spoiler. I saw another factory aero cab like mine, same year and everything and it had the skirt and the rear bumper had the fins on the side. Nice, but weird, but it would not make any difference to the downforce according to another thread.
The other one thing that I am looking for that I notice that car had was - the rear bumper guard pads were covered with a fiberglass or sometype of paintable polyurethane cap that matched the color of the car . This car looked better than the 997 cabs around it. Appreciate the help. Good thread.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:12 AM
Dstutler
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speeding tickets after you get the car. I had a red '87 Cab and I couldn't keep away from the police.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:55 AM
onrails
3rd Gear

delete

Last edited by onrails; 10-21-2014 at 06:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Porsche aero kit cars