996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

A proper introduction and some progress

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 01:20 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Is it just me I prefer the stock wheels though I do like the GT3 wheels.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:25 PM
ZoSo1112
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@ Jumper..I like the stock wheels as well!!! what percentage tints do you have?! looks great!
Old 03-28-2012, 01:28 PM
Mickey356
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My god, Jumper!!!!! Stunning!

That is EXACTLY what I'd like my car to look like!!!!!

What have you done to the stance?
Old 03-28-2012, 01:43 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

I am not sure on the tints. It legal here. Cops have to be able to see the driver and the photo may have more contrast which makes it look a bit darker.

This photo may be closer to the real look

Old 03-28-2012, 01:45 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Mickey356
My god, Jumper!!!!! Stunning!

That is EXACTLY what I'd like my car to look like!!!!!

What have you done to the stance?
I just lowered it with H&R lowering springs.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:49 PM
Capt. Obvious
Rennlist Member

Received 1,469 Likes on 809 Posts

Originally Posted by Sands944
Those wheels are very nice indeed.

Are you the only employee at this place of work? I sure wish I had that much space between me and the next car at work.
Ha, far from the only employee. I actually work at Microsoft, but I'm more a morning person so I'm usually one of the first people to show up to my building in the morning. This lot is usually close to full by 9-9:30.

Originally Posted by jumper5836
Is it just me I prefer the stock wheels though I do like the GT3 wheels.
I'm actually a big fan of the stock hollow spokes too, which is why I still have them.

However, I REALLY love the "Lobster Claws" from the 997s and I want to find a set of those to run for my "winter" wheels. Anyone in the Seattle area want to trade?

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone. To be honest, I was expecting a significantly less positive response since the style direction I'm going with the car is a bit different than the norm for the Porsche world (slammed suspension, big wheels, tire stretch, etc.).
Old 03-28-2012, 02:03 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Capt. Obvious
Ha, far from the only employee. I actually work at Microsoft, but I'm more a morning person so I'm usually one of the first people to show up to my building in the morning. This lot is usually close to full by 9-9:30.

I'm actually a big fan of the stock hollow spokes too, which is why I still have them.

However, I REALLY love the "Lobster Claws" from the 997s and I want to find a set of those to run for my "winter" wheels. Anyone in the Seattle area want to trade?

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone. To be honest, I was expecting a significantly less positive response since the style direction I'm going with the car is a bit different than the norm for the Porsche world (slammed suspension, big wheels, tire stretch, etc.).
Being it's a silver car I think many rims and different colors don't really work on it. I've often thought of which wheels I could put on and if I had any other color other then silver my choice would open up.

Right now I am using hollow spokes for track wheels and the solid spokes for the street.
This rim here is something I was thinking of for a track wheel it's also much lighter. Not sure how it would look though on a Silver C4S.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:06 PM
2K7TTMIA
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Being it's a silver car I think many rims and different colors don't really work on it. I've often thought of which wheels I could put on and if I had any other color other then silver my choice would open up.

Right now I am using hollow spokes for track wheels and the solid spokes for the street.
This rim here is something I was thinking of for a track wheel it's also much lighter. Not sure how it would look though on a Silver C4S.

FYI, there is a set of those OZ's in the classifieds!! great deal at $1000 shipped ( in the US), but you could pry swing a deal to Canada or near the border.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:23 PM
Capt. Obvious
Rennlist Member

Received 1,469 Likes on 809 Posts

Yeah, being silver really limits wheel finish options. My old car was yellow, and that color is REALLY difficult to do much with.

Those OZs are super light and make great track wheels, but I find them boring personally. Definitely a function over form type of wheel, which is fine if that's what you're are going for.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:32 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Capt. Obvious
Yeah, being silver really limits wheel finish options. My old car was yellow, and that color is REALLY difficult to do much with.

Those OZs are super light and make great track wheels, but I find them boring personally. Definitely a function over form type of wheel, which is fine if that's what you're are going for.
Yellow and black are the best combo. Silver and black not so much.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:33 PM
D6lc
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Cars looking good, I'm not a fan of the wheels, personally I prefer something a little more understated. interested to see the finished product when you done, looks like your doing a ton of work on it, good luck.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:35 PM
Mickey356
Rennlist Member

I just lowered it with H&R lowering springs.
Straight up swap? No rubbing?
Old 03-28-2012, 03:42 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Mickey356
Straight up swap? No rubbing?
yah straight up swap and no rubbing until I drove into a pot hole that was submerged. It was so deep the pavement hit my bumper and wheel arch cover enough to bend it out of shape. No now I get slight rubbing on the plastic wheel arch cover on driver side when parking and turning hard. Other then that there is no problems and I track it a few times a month and have over 100k km on this setup.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:55 PM
billyboy
Racer

Captain - the car looks great but I agree with you, the back has to be raised slightly to get the stance just so.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:06 PM
Mickey356
Rennlist Member

yah straight up swap and no rubbing until I drove into a pot hole that was submerged. It was so deep the pavement hit my bumper and wheel arch cover enough to bend it out of shape. No now I get slight rubbing on the plastic wheel arch cover on driver side when parking and turning hard. Other then that there is no problems and I track it a few times a month and have over 100k km on this setup.
Awesome!! Thanks.
Sucks about the pot hole

Quick Reply: A proper introduction and some progress