Sponsored by:

Passenger Tail Light

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 05:25 PM
JTF
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Tail Light

Passenger tail light will not light up! Brake light and turn signals fine. Thought maybe switch as headlights not always turning on with switch (had to turn it one or twice more). Replaced the interior switch. Headlights work great now. Passenger rear light still not coming on. Replaced bulb (switched from working on driver side actually). Still no light but old bulb from passenger side works great in the driver side (so it isn't the bulb). Or is it a two bulb system and if one is out, in serial, they both are out? If it is the ground, how and where do I clean/reconnect that? I've seen a post with"the brown wire"? Do I just take the light assembly out and clean all the electrical connections I can find? What do I clean them with? Thanks...not usually into the maintenance part but finding it is actually quite fun.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:36 PM
babylonboots
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

Are you sure it isn't the fog light? The rear fog light only works on driver's side.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:47 PM
JTF
Cruisin'

Unfortunately, according to the citation (and my subsequent inspection)....yes the tail light is non-op
Old 03-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

I think BB is correct. The fog light only works on the drivers side - not passenger. I was changing to LED tail lights and this drove me mental until I read the manual (duh). I kept swapping one of the lamps back and forth until some other light bulb went off and I checked the manual. The running light or tail light is beside this lamp - that's the lamp that is burnt out.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:55 PM
JTF
Cruisin'

Appreciate the ideas but please see pictures - with normal lights on and then with fog lights on. Both show passenger side lights are out. Anyone that can offer assistance, I would appreciate it. Someone else may have had something similar perhaps?. Also the passenger front yellow marker light is out as well. Just noticed.Thanks very much.
Attached Images   
Old 03-11-2012, 10:00 PM
logray
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Try sanding the contact with some sandpaper, and bending the contact in so it fits more snugly against the bulb.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:02 AM
JTF
Cruisin'

Default OK - still doesn't work

I did all three bulbs, the two in the tail light assembly and the front passenger marker light. No luck. I think I'll take it to the dealership.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:02 AM
JTF
Cruisin'

Thanks for the ideas
Old 03-12-2012, 08:58 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Is there any power to the passenger side - such as back up, brake light? If not you've got a break in the harness or connection. There is only one fuse for the taillights so the fact the drivers side is working means it's not a fuse.

Did you test the output at the socket with a volt meter?
Old 03-18-2012, 07:05 PM
JTF
Cruisin'

Back up and brake lights, as well as fog lights work. Will check with volt meter and get back to you. :-(
Old 03-19-2012, 08:25 PM
JTF
Cruisin'

So FYI - separate fuses for the left and right tail light and front side marker light. Row A and fuses 3 and 4. Additionally other lights are all on other fuses too. They are NOT on one fuse...LOL. Live and learn. Thanks anyway. 7.5 mA fuse and lights are back in business...
Old 03-21-2012, 08:26 AM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

You do know that there are parking lights (left and right) for night street parking on these vehicles. They are controlled by the light switch. I also notice that your kerb light on your door is out. That tells me you have more going on than you think. Does your curtosy light come on as the door is opened.

PS..I just read your last post and it looks like it was a fuse after all.. whoops haha.

Quick Reply: Passenger Tail Light