Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Please post your flywheel heatlh ... Durametric/PST2 required (easy)

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 11:59 AM
logray
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The higher than set point rough running (or threshold) in your case doesn't necessarily mean the car has a problem with rough running. This is because your idle is abnormally high at 820-850 and searching. The searching could be due to a lot of things, ranging from intake leak, to throttle body problem, to a timing issue, to a weak cylinder (or several), etc. Usually it is because of an intake leak, and it is best to have the car on a smoke machine to find out where they are. Fix the high rpm and then monitor RR & RRT at the proper idle speed.

As for the segments and wheel adaption without 0's I'm not sure. It could be that your car has completed learning, as your figures match the set points (normal conditions) exactly. Have you tried three decelerations from 3000rpm to 1400rpm to be sure? I doubt they will change though if your wheel adaption is 0. I'm not sure what language (localization) you are using for Durametric but that might have a bearing on it as well.

I'm still researching but it looks like this could be a documentation error with Porsche's 996 misfire troubleshooting guide. Now with more data that is becoming clear.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:24 PM
jsoderbe
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking at it I don't have Segment (A + B) in my Durametric menu, under Actual Values. So you can disregard from my information.

Ok, can't drive it, it has summer tires and are not taxed and insured.

I think I'll start with driving it some more before I start looking for problems. It hasn't been running more than 30 miles since the AOS blew, so there might be something related to that.

Sorry I couldn't help you!

Johan
Old 02-29-2012, 12:28 PM
logray
Three Wheelin'

Ok, no problem thanks for trying.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Logray, I just got a chance to try (Durametric 6). However, there are no Segment A, B, learning values under my DME actual values. Seems not available for my '03. Sorry couldn't help.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:09 PM
logray
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for trying!

Quick Reply: Please post your flywheel heatlh ... Durametric/PST2 required (easy)