Sponsored by:

Sprint booster on my 996 mk2 tip

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 07:07 PM
R1_Pete
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redridge
all c4 are drive by wire.... follow the wire, it will lead you to a connector, plug the sprint booster between the connection.

I shut my booster off in traffic... not useable IMHO. Other than that its great on the track.
Can you turn it off conveniently in the cabin? I had never heard of of a Sprint Booster till I read this thread sounds like a great mod for the money!!
Old 05-16-2012, 07:34 PM
aviography
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

The new ones have a momentary push button on a pig-tail harness so you can press to cycle through the 3 settings of off, medium, and race modes, an indicator light will show off, green (mid), and red (full) modes.

See http://www.sprintboostersales.com/de...era&engine=Gas , it's a good mod, just seems a little over-priced........

Last edited by aviography; 05-16-2012 at 09:38 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:43 PM
aviography
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by aaronazevedo
I'm sure there are many on this site who are far more technical than I am, who know the real technical difference between Sprint booster and a true ECU flash.
The effect should be very similar, there is a local fellow who reported he just had the "sprint booster" programmed in his ECU tune.

The only advantage I can see with the hardware Sprint Booster is that you can take it out and sell it to someone else when you sell your car, kind of like the SmartTop and RemoteTop modules, which in IMHO are much more sophisticated yet cost somewhat less than the simpler Sprint Booster.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:34 AM
Hyper911
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

^^Yep that was me. Both custom ECU flash and sprint booster in the tune. The hardware one is know to fail occasionally, it makes more sense to do it at the source (ie ECU), but is obviously a bit more expensive.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:06 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by aviography
I was curious about this aspect, do you have the newer unit that has selectable off/medium/high
settings? If so how is the medium setting like? I have heard from a local owner that he only uses the high setting on the track and uses the medium setting in day-to-day traffic.
yeah, low, medium is fine day to day.... off in traffic. High spirited runs and the track set to high. I have the newer ones I got from a group buy on 6speed.

Quick Reply: Sprint booster on my 996 mk2 tip