Sponsored by:

AOS symptoms?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 12:32 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by TomF
I picked up the new AOS clamp yesterday. The parts guy had never seen them before and when I pointed out what an elegantly simple solution it was, he said, "That's pretty darn cool!" $2.21 was all it cost to save a lot of effort. Place the clamp where you want it, pull the blue clip, and voila, it clamps into place. Much easier than a standard radiator hose clamp and also much easier than the original design.
Hi Tom,

Can you share a pic or link to buy it? I want to see if it would work on my wife's GL diesel fuel filter clamp.

TIA
Old 02-22-2012, 12:41 PM
soverystout
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Uh, these cars are old boys. I had my AOS replaced with my IMS retrofit. When my indie starting lurking around he noticed that one of the coolant hoses in that area looked pretty bad. He went to grab it and the plastic that joins the 3 hoses together broke. My car (an 03 with a build date of 10/2002) is now over 9 years old.

The AOS doesn't take that much additional labor if you don't plan to reuse that AOS. You can actually cut and then snap the AOS in half to remove it more quickly (when the trans is out of course).

A new AOS can be had from Sunset/Sonnen/Suncoast for under $140. Seems crazy not to replace it when you can, knowing that they fail and what they are make of. (plastic).
Old 02-22-2012, 12:50 PM
logray
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chsu74
Hi Tom,

Can you share a pic or link to buy it? I want to see if it would work on my wife's GL diesel fuel filter clamp.

TIA
Pelican parts or the dealers have them. The one I bought at Pelican had it. It's the lower AOS clamp for a <=2001, p/n 99951263000. It is pretty ingenious.

I've since moved to high qual stainless screw clamps from a marine supply store. They are totally smooth on the inside so there is no danger of tearing the rubber.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:52 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by logray
Pelican parts or the dealers have them. The one I bought at Pelican had it. It's the lower AOS clamp for a <=2001, p/n 99951263000. It is pretty ingenious.

I've since moved to high qual stainless screw clamps from a marine supply store. They are totally smooth on the inside so there is no danger of tearing the rubber.
Thanks Logan. I will look there.

Quick Reply: AOS symptoms?