996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

108k 996 anxiety

Old 01-21-2012, 10:09 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Damn, I am ashamed of you long time Rennlist guys. This thread is now at 4 pages and still no pics from "Mark the Newbie!" (we all know that avatar pics don't count) Man, I leave for a few months and the place gets soft and goes to pot. No, not THAT kind of pot!

So step back boys, I'll handle this!

Ahem! <Tim clears his throat>

Mark Rindner, welcome to Rennlist! It's awesome that you became a Paying Member so quickly!

Also, congrats on getting a sweet looking car. At least we think it is sweet looking, but can't be sure because you haven't posted any pics yet! It is customary for all Newbies to introduce themselves, which you did, and then post pics of their car, which you did not do. So, consider this your "Newbie Initiation!"

Come on Newbie, post the @#$%^&* Pics!

Damn, that felt great! I am back home again!

Seriously, we love pics and want to see a few shots of your car. Again, Welcome to Rennlist!
Old 01-22-2012, 09:18 AM
Mark Rindner
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey gota911! Again, not sure how all this gets done. I put some well lit, perfectly framed and exposed pictures in the "upload photos" section. Guessing that didn't make it happen. I'm sure there are instructions somewhere on the site but I'm unfortunately still a working stiff (65+ hrs a week in, of all things, the car business). Don't have as much time as I'd like to devote to figuring out the lay of the land, Rennlist-wise. It's Sunday morning and I posted my album shots Friday. Heading to the dealership in a few minutes and will work diligently to get the photo section in order when I get home.
Thanks for the encouraging words and the warm welcomes from all you guys (I think there may be a few nice looking girs out there too, judging from some of the avitars.)
Old 01-22-2012, 10:23 AM
RaceCarDriver
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

IMS is rare and happens with low mileage cars that are garage queens. With 108k miles your fine and i would not worry about it
Old 01-22-2012, 10:37 AM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Rindner
Hey gota911! Again, not sure how all this gets done. I put some well lit, perfectly framed and exposed pictures in the "upload photos" section. Guessing that didn't make it happen. I'm sure there are instructions somewhere on the site but I'm unfortunately still a working stiff (65+ hrs a week in, of all things, the car business). Don't have as much time as I'd like to devote to figuring out the lay of the land, Rennlist-wise. It's Sunday morning and I posted my album shots Friday. Heading to the dealership in a few minutes and will work diligently to get the photo section in order when I get home.
Thanks for the encouraging words and the warm welcomes from all you guys (I think there may be a few nice looking girs out there too, judging from some of the avitars.)
Yes. As you can tell from my avatar, I am two nice looking girls.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:51 AM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Mark, OK here is some help! Can't wait to see the pics!

Here are my "can't miss" instructions for posting a pic. These instructions have NEVER failed to help someone post pics, so the pressure is on YOU to keep my string alive!

All words shown in BOLD indicate buttons. If you are just doing a "Quick Reply" you will have to click on Go Advanced button. Then follow the steps below:

Down below the part of the screen where you type the text and below the Submit Reply, the Preview Post, and Spell Check buttons, there is a Miscellaneous Options section followed by an Attach Files section.

In the Attach Files section, click on the Manage Attachments button.

You will now get a pop-up window. There are 3 buttons Browse, Upload, and Close this Window.

Click on the Browse button and now (in a new pop-up window) you can search on your PC to locate the pic you want to attach. Click on the name of the file you want and then click the Open button. Now click on the Upload button. After the file has been uploaded, you can click on Browse button and repeat the process to upload another pic or click on the Close this Window button.

After you click on the Close this Window, you will be back to the original "message" screen. Your pic file should be listed just above the Manage Attachments button.

If you are finished typing the text, you can click on the Submit Reply button and everyone will be able to see your great looking P-car!

If your pics are too large, you can resize them with MS Paint, or PhotoShop software, or you can do it online at this web site. http://www.resize2mail.com/
Old 01-22-2012, 11:02 AM
Kazual99
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pic's
Old 01-22-2012, 11:35 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts

Mark,
PICS of car
Join rennlist
Oil analysis by Blackstone Labs/oil change ASAP
IMS guardian,IMS when do clutch and do RMS also and waterpumpA/O seperator and guides
pics of gf or wife if hot
Post pics of car
Start a seperate thread on which oil is best as that has never been done here !
Old 01-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Chaos
Soon to be married !
WHAT!?! You found a blind, gullible, deaf girl with no standards?

Oh, pics.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:45 PM
Mark Rindner
Advanced

Gota911,
Thanks again for your response. I'm sitting at the desk at a car dealership, suposed to be selling cars but instead I'm looking at my Rennlist posts. I think I'm in trouble. Thanks for the photo instructions. I'll investigate when I get home. I'll be taking more pictures on Thursday (my day off). We do a 60 pic round on all our internet pre-owned cars. Can't wait.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:17 PM
Mark Rindner
Advanced

Red face Mark's Pics

Thanks for the instructions. You guys all seem a little photo-sensitive (Haa!) so here are some of the first batch. This Thursday, weather permitting, I plan to do the full series in and out and post them all. Soon you'll be saying "Enough. Stop with all the pictures!"
Attached Images           
Old 01-22-2012, 09:22 PM
Mark Rindner
Advanced

Oops...forgot that re-sizing thing. I'll make this all right on Thursday... weather permitting.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:04 AM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Oops...forgot that re-sizing thing. I'll make this all right on Thursday... weather permitting.
Love that car especially the inside color. What is that thing plugged into the cig lighter attached to the windscreen?
Old 01-23-2012, 07:48 AM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Mark,

Awesome looking car! Thanks for posting the pics!

Glad you kept my "string" alive!
Old 01-23-2012, 08:08 AM
Mark Rindner
Advanced

HGMan,
V-1. Don't leave home without it!
Old 01-23-2012, 08:24 AM
Mark Rindner
Advanced

Tim,
Thanks again. Your C2S looks like a fine automobile. I'm guessing the extra HP in the "S" turns the Greenville backroads into a bonafide E Ticket ride.
Mark

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 108k 996 anxiety