Sponsored by:

Cleaning BBS Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 03:44 PM
babylonboots
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 79 Posts
Default Cleaning BBS Wheels

I picked up a nice set of Sport design wheels off of CL. I'm having one repaired (had some curb rash). I was looking at the others and the PO didn't do too well with cleaning them - they were his track wheels.

Has anyone out there taken the wheels apart (they're two piece) to clean? I think I need to get a torx bit to fit the screws. I'd like to get into the crevices a bit so that they're spotless to start.

Any caveats to avoid? Do I need to put locktite on the screws when I reassemble? I'd appreciate info from anyone with experience along these lines.
Thanks.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:18 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 58 Posts

I was distracted by your avatar for a few minutes...

I *think* that the bolts might be titanium and/or use once... And, I believe there is some kind of sealer that is used between the parts, too.

in my opinion, leave the wheels together, and, if you need to, just take them off the car, drink a beer, and take your time cleaning them with a sponge and a small wheel brush (like this one from Groits: http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...ortby=ourPicks )
Old 12-25-2011, 03:45 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

I totally agree with a) the avatar pic distraction and b) with NOT taking the wheels apart.

Quick Reply: Cleaning BBS Wheels