Sponsored by:

#of ways to see how obsessed we are with our 996's

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 12:23 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

You look at your reflection in nearby street-side windows and neighboring dark panel trucks.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:37 AM
Lance 4c
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

You habitually check this thread to see what you've missed.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:12 AM
Nikedog
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You habitually check this thread to see what you've missed.
Ha ha I am busted!
Old 12-20-2011, 10:56 PM
norcoastal
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

A Porsche crest tattoo...hmmmmmm
Old 12-21-2011, 10:29 AM
mikeswift
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by norcoastal
A Porsche crest tattoo...hmmmmmm
The idea came from MTV Jersey shore, that one character Pauly D has a giagantic Cadilac logo on the side of his torso.

http://www.tattoodonkey.com/pics/p/o...donkey.com.jpg

http://www.tattoodonkey.com/pics/p/o...donkey.com.jpg

Someone beat me to it.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:09 PM
FLi GLi
AutoX

You remove your wheels and wash the inside, too.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:21 PM
Lance 4c
Addict
Rennlist Member

Is that wrong?
Old 12-22-2011, 05:14 PM
francars
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikedog
Ha ha I am busted!
+1
Old 12-22-2011, 05:43 PM
Mamut79
Advanced

50. You always have your individually hand picked best washing accessories hidden away from your brother, father and anybody else that decides to come along to wash his car at your house. And you always leave the used up washing mitten, cheap car wash laying around to be spotted first so that other parties wont be looking around for the "better" stuff
Old 12-22-2011, 05:53 PM
Gonzo911
Rat Balls
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

51. Your gas mileage seems to be much worse than it really is, but that can be easily explained by the endless loops you are compelled to make in every parking lot you visit as you search for the "perfect spot"*

*perfect spot=unusually oversized end space with a curb on one side that you can park 2" away from that is located at least 100 yards from the store entrance and a minimum of 10 parking spaces from the nearest parked car. Under a tree is preferred in the summer as long as a) the tree is not currently shedding leaves, b) the tree is not a sap producing variety, c) the tree does not appear to be home to any birds. Alternately, the open space directly next to the handicap spaces are also coveted provided there is a large enough buffer between you and the handicapped space AND there is more than one handicapped space available so you can be reasonably assured that no one will park in the handicap space located right next to you.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:52 PM
bux996tt
Intermediate

52. You wipe the brake dust off the wheels after every ride (even though nobody but you can see it).

Last edited by bux996tt; 12-22-2011 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Add number
Old 12-22-2011, 07:14 PM
SWK6Cup

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Excellent! keep 'em comin' and it is good for me to see that I am not the only one who does much (but not all) of this stuff.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:37 PM
Lance 4c
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default parking spot

Originally Posted by Gonzo911
51. Your gas mileage seems to be much worse than it really is, but that can be easily explained by the endless loops you are compelled to make in every parking lot you visit as you search for the "perfect spot"*

*perfect spot=unusually oversized end space with a curb on one side that you can park 2" away from that is located at least 100 yards from the store entrance and a minimum of 10 parking spaces from the nearest parked car. Under a tree is preferred in the summer as long as a) the tree is not currently shedding leaves, b) the tree is not a sap producing variety, c) the tree does not appear to be home to any birds. Alternately, the open space directly next to the handicap spaces are also coveted provided there is a large enough buffer between you and the handicapped space AND there is more than one handicapped space available so you can be reasonably assured that no one will park in the handicap space located right next to you.
Speaking of this, yesterday, found the perfect spot, only to return to my car, and find a large 3/4 ton truck, with a drop hitch, 4" away from my front bumper!!! I took a photo of his vehicle just to be safe. There is no way he could have been so close, (with out touching) without a "spotter". Some of these rednecks do this on purpose, just to tick us off.

OK, there.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:13 PM
SSST
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lance 4c
Speaking of this, yesterday, found the perfect spot, only to return to my car, and find a large 3/4 ton truck, with a drop hitch, 4" away from my front bumper!!! I took a photo of his vehicle just to be safe. There is no way he could have been so close, (with out touching) without a "spotter". Some of these rednecks do this on purpose, just to tick us off.

OK, there.
Backup sensors. I do it all the time. Not to tick off Porsche owners, but because it is easier to back a large truck into a parking space, and then get out again in a crowded lot.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:57 PM
Lance 4c
Addict
Rennlist Member

Smile

Originally Posted by SSST
Backup sensors. I do it all the time. Not to tick off Porsche owners, but because it is easier to back a large truck into a parking space, and then get out again in a crowded lot.
Not to be contentious (especially on Christmas Eve) But I have an F-150, with back up sensors. I am not anti SUV, always been into 4-wheeling, etc., but even with my sensors, and with a large drop hitch, it is hard to get that close to someone elses car. If you saw the lot, and the other open spaces you would agree. An open lot with no parking stops, plenty of options.

Anyway, we are all obsessed with our P-Cars. Not to sermonize, but speaking for myself, it is easy to become over-obsessed with the car. There are more important things in life. Especially as we celebrate Christ's birth, and what that means for those who receive the gift.

Sermon over-
Back to obsession.

Merry Christmas to all!

Quick Reply: #of ways to see how obsessed we are with our 996's