Sponsored by:

Garage Floor Installed

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 11:42 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by redridge
Wayne... talk to Jorgen Moller at snap lock (jmoller@snaplock.com) http://www.racedeck.com. He's running a group buy at 6speed.

Thanks ferd.

That's a sweet garage.... so what's the car on the lift? Doesn't look like your 996.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:12 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, why did you decide to tile vs paint? Is there an advantage?

Originally Posted by gota911
I installed my Modutile in my garage last weekend. The cost was $1.98 per square foot with free shipping and no tax since it came from out of state (Texas). Simple to lay down and install. I plotted my design on the web and downloaded that to my PC so I could print it out.

I went with red, black and gray tiles. I was going to do the stock checkered flag look with white and black tiles, but thought the white would show the dirt too much, so I went with the gray and black.

Because I know you guys just LOVE pics....... here they are. In the initial four pics the floor was not complete. I had not finished installing the red tiles along the wall. The last run of tile along each wall had to be cut.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:58 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by washington dc porsche
Hey, why did you decide to tile vs paint? Is there an advantage?
Here is the answer I gave in post #9, which you probably missed........

Epoxy was my initial thought, but it is a lot of prep work, cleaning the concrete (which would have been minimal because the house is only 7 months old), acid etching the concrete, laying down the color coat, then the clear sealer, and finally waiting 48 to 72 hours for it to dry completely. I am handy enough to do all of that but the drying time was the killer.

Consequently, I went with tile.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:04 PM
jdog
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Wayne... talk to Jorgen Moller at snap lock (jmoller@snaplock.com) http://www.racedeck.com. He's running a group buy at 6speed.

Holy Crap! Has anybody ever set foot in that garage! Where are the beer cans? The pics of "the ring" b etc....
Very nice!! I had to admit that my shop looks a little like the polar opposite of that!
Old 11-18-2011, 09:39 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

Wayne... yep that the 996.

yeah, I wish it looks like that still, that was the honeymoon phase.... she's well used now.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:54 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Wayne... yep that the 996.

yeah, I wish it looks like that still, that was the honeymoon phase.... she's well used now.
Interesting, the shape looking like something else.

I looked at my garage this evening and realized that I can't get a lift in there, as there's a big air duct that runs right where the rear of the car would be.
Old 11-19-2011, 01:37 AM
Down South
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

Looking good, Tim!

I've been thinking about that job as well. Now you and the others have inspired me!
Old 11-19-2011, 04:42 AM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 80 Posts

WOW Ferdinand, your garage looks excellent.

I love the super clean look that the storage cabinets afford. You throw all of the misc. crap in there and it is neatly tucked away out of sight. I've had my eye on these for a while now, unfortunately I don't think Santa could fit these on his sleigh.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:53 AM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

thanks.... I highly recommend the option of getting the cabinets off the floor, you gain valuable space and can save your back of getting stuff off the shelf. I agree with the misc crap.... those cabinets are full of it to the tilt.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:22 AM
Barn996
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

So Ferdinand, you have a 2 car garage that's really a 3 car garage because of your lift, where does your AC Porsche go?

Quick Reply: Garage Floor Installed