Sponsored by:

My Traqmate install

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 10:53 PM
philooo
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
Stop the mods, and buy a track car, trailer, and tow vehicle. You're doomed.
yeah I think I am but I am trying to put a few DE miles on this one to see if I am serious enough, I have bought far too many things and got bored of them too fast so this time I will go steady and see.

I am piching myself not to buy a track prepped gt3 ... only thing that save me is that I don't have any space to park the trailer and truck and this alone would cost me $200 or more per month so I think I'll be driving to the track for a bit.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:57 PM
philooo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hardback
Phil, Yes Homestead. Im driving next weekend with FARA and ERME. The last Hooked on driving I registered for was cancelled due to not enough participants so I stopped driving with them. ERME has a 2 for 1 deal next Saturday. Entrants split the $250 fee. FARA is giving 2 hrs track time from 8-1 on Sunday in between their practice and sprint race. registration is through track weekend and is open to intermediates and advanced only. 30 cars only. Let me know if your interested in either or shoot me a PM and Ill give you more details.
I have been driving with hooked on driving with good success so far. I was thinking to attend their PBIR event the 15st but may be I can try something new

i'll send you a pm ...
Old 10-09-2011, 12:01 AM
philooo
Rennlist Member

Wanted to post an update on my first traqmate + chasecam day.

Pro:
- Good software to check the data, easy to use, still need to be a little pc savy.
- the display unit is very easy to use while in the car, just a few menus, easy to understand
- sync with chasecam work flawlessly, everything is transparent, simply have to worry pressing start on the display unit.
- bunch of graphs

Cons:
- I had to manually start the system at the track, even though I had added the homestead GPS start and finish line position and it should have auto started
- Video output format is not very compressed and not de-interlaced. so I have to reprocess it with another software to have crisp and decent file size
- a whole lot bunch of graphs

I am processing a video right now and in the meantime here is a screenshot of the software interface.
Better have a big screen or it is hard to read it all at the same time.

Attached Images  

Last edited by philooo; 10-09-2011 at 01:38 AM.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:24 AM
Hardback
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Good to see you had some dry laps. The rain didn't quit in Miami all morning. What tires were you running?
Old 10-09-2011, 12:11 PM
philooo
Rennlist Member

I am running sumitomo hrtz III, good grip and good hold, but they are wearing fast.

I don't think they can last more than two days at the track. I need to get myself some Nitto or Toyo but I need to buy wider rims, as they only make those is super wide sizes.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:28 PM
LC MotorSports
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Real nice install Phil

Quick Reply: My Traqmate install