Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

what is the proper seating height fro the track ? eyes as high as possible ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 02:27 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Funny you should ask. We just got the car back from the body guy yesterday. Here's a shot of the corner that took the big hit. We've made some improvements along the way. Notice the roof?
Attached Images  
Old 10-05-2011, 02:40 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Nice! that's a proper race car roof!
Old 10-05-2011, 08:21 PM
philooo
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I am disappointed from the BK seat mount quality, I tried to installed. I tried to install them today and I had to cancel because they are not a plug and play fit.

They are the version that mount directly to the floor and I will have to grind the floor hole a little bit, if not in their current size I am missing like 2mm of lenght. So the bolt don't go in properly.

I though that BK were doing their homework a little better.

Anyways I assume the low seating position will only come for my next track days. For this weekend I will simply remove the cushion on my euro seats.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:00 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by philooo
...I will simply remove the cushion on my euro seats.
I completely forgot about this until I saw this phrase. Patrick Long comes down to Texas typically once a year to do a driving school. Quite a few of my friends have attended. As part of the clinic, he takes everyone out for a ride in their car with him driving. From what I've been told, he almost always takes the the bottom cushion out of their drivers seat when he gets in (nearly all the cars are track prepared). He does this to sit lower, and to provide a better connection between his rear end and the car. He's not a real tall guy, so you can imagine how low this makes his seating position.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:47 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

How low is too low...
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: what is the proper seating height fro the track ? eyes as high as possible ?