Sponsored by:

Starting issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 08:43 PM
Thundertub
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Cool

KrisPKreme is also being quite modest...

He swept a very large 996 class at the PCA concours this past weekend (yes, he even outscored me).

He knows more than he is letting on as to his concours preparation skills. Although new to the 996 Forum, he is not new to the Porsche game.

If you have specific concours prep questions, you might want to ask him.

Last edited by Thundertub; 10-18-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:29 PM
KrisPKreme
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the kind words Mark. I really appreciate you taking the time to give me some lessons on what is what with my 996. You are a treasure trove of information and I look forward to picking your brain quite a bit in the future. And yes, I am happy to answer any questions about detailing.

Ed
www.artofshine.com
Old 10-17-2011, 09:51 PM
Barn996
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I like your updated avatar Ed. This forum is active and informative and has enabled me to work on my Porsche, learning to do some of the work required by Porsche owner/enthusiasts, and having fun doing it.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:51 PM
Thundertub
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Cool

Nice new avatar, Ed!

Old 10-19-2011, 01:25 AM
RPMulli
Banned

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts

Hey search a thread I started about fuel issues.. I did alot of trouble shooting (regarding the fuel system) and it ended up being the fuel rejuvenation valve.

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...stem-pics.html
(disregard the arguing)
Old 10-19-2011, 08:13 AM
KrisPKreme
Advanced

Originally Posted by r1de23
Hey search a thread I started about fuel issues.. I did alot of trouble shooting (regarding the fuel system) and it ended up being the fuel rejuvenation valve.

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...stem-pics.html
(disregard the arguing)
I think it was your thread that pointed me to the valve. It was indeed the problem. I know you spent alot of time tracing down your problem and I appreciate you posting updates as it helped me solve my issue. I can now fuel and start the car without shame at the pumps!
Old 10-19-2011, 08:16 AM
KrisPKreme
Advanced

Originally Posted by Barn996
I like your updated avatar Ed. This forum is active and informative and has enabled me to work on my Porsche, learning to do some of the work required by Porsche owner/enthusiasts, and having fun doing it.
Thanks Steve. I look forward to delving into this car more and more. I hope to get away with most routine maintenance myself. I feel like I am back in college and cramming for exams with all of the forum research I am doing. It pays to get a good solid background.

I was in your fair city just last year and had a wonderful time. A beautiful part of the country.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:17 AM
KrisPKreme
Advanced

Originally Posted by Barn996
Originally Posted by Thundertub
Nice new avatar, Ed!

Thanks Mark! Keep em shiny!
Old 10-19-2011, 11:51 AM
RPMulli
Banned

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by KrisPKreme
I think it was your thread that pointed me to the valve. It was indeed the problem. I know you spent alot of time tracing down your problem and I appreciate you posting updates as it helped me solve my issue. I can now fuel and start the car without shame at the pumps!
Good to hear! Yes, the forum was ragging on me because I refueled my car in the garage for about 6 months!

Quick Reply: Starting issue