996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Looking to turbo my 996

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 10:33 PM
logray
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sell the car, buy a turbo, proceed to smoke said vette. Followed by power control issues in the household.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:20 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by One Nut
Wow thanks guys I think I'll just tell the wife she can not have the turbo installed. It is after all her car. she is just trying to keep up with my vette. She suffers from horse power envy.. LOL
Cheaper to just let her win once in a while.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Shark Attack
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by One Nut
Wow thanks guys I think I'll just tell the wife she can not have the turbo installed. It is after all her car. she is just trying to keep up with my vette. She suffers from horse power envy.. LOL
LOL.. yeah and when her 911 has 170K on it going strong and you vette fell apart long ago.. Then she will be laughing at you.

Plus as shes leaning in to a corner and holding it while watching you bouce off the road due to your garbage suspention.... You will realize she has the right car for the job.

America and the big three like to go fast in a straight line for 1/4 mile.. Europe likes to go fast around corners and go for hours on the autobahn.....
Old 08-30-2011, 11:20 PM
One Nut
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I say it handles just fine in the right hands....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzTf0...ayer_embedded#!
Old 12-31-2011, 03:25 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TPC Racing
The TPC Racing CT-500 Turbo kit for the 996 is a great kit that wakes the car up. The power comes on smooth, making the car a pleasure to drive. Where some people would think that having a turbo would mean that there is "lag" compared to the supercharger, there is no waiting for the power with this kit. We have clients tracking their 996's and 997's with the CT-500 (996 kit) CT-520 (997 kit) and enjoy it very much because they can put the power down and have it come in smooth.

The drive-ability of the car is fantastic. When driving a car with the TPC Racing CT-500 kit as a daily driver, you don't notice anything different, but once you get into the throttle, a new world opens up. The exhaust note is a bit louder than stock with more grunt to it, but nothing obnoxious that produces a loud drone in the cabin.

Here is a link to more information with dyno graphs and videos describing the product. TPC Racing CT-500 CT-520 Turbo Kit
Thats the first time I have heard of a turbo car being louder, every car I have turbo charged is much more quiet, since you have a turbo muffling the exhaust note. The increased power doesnt practically effect the exhaust, it would be the mufflers post the turbo, so I am assuming you change them?

Curious about the kit as the site doesnt say explicitly that I can read, what is the ECU and tuning applied in your kit? IC specifications and turbo specs? Max boost pressure tested? Intake charge temps? Pressure drop across the IC? Cheers!
Old 09-23-2012, 12:06 PM
CarreraCowboy
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there any progress on this TPC turbo system for the MY99 996 C2?

Quick Reply: Looking to turbo my 996