Any Recs on a Shipper?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Steve2112
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes_996
Steve,
Did jake recommend to have the variocam wear pads and chains replaced at the same time of the bearin upgrade? Man, I'll need to asak the indy about that when he gets to replacing mine.. How many miles on yours and did you have to replace the flywheel as well?
Yes, - I went with the deluxe maintanence package - however only chains 4 and 5 had to be changed - also did the wear pads. They replace the clutch as part of the procedure (not optional) - no flywheel change was made. My car had 12K when I bought it 2 years ago, and has 19K on it now. They also did water pump, 6 spark plugs, oil change obviously, brake fluid flush, coolant flush, AOS replaced, a new set of lifters (mine were slightly noisy).

Steve2112
Old 08-10-2011, 02:11 PM
rpm's S2
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Just a thought, but you might consider the available space where you are having the car delivered. Because of the type of carrier he had, when mine showed up the driver needed a parking lot sized area to angle the rear trailer and get access to my car in the front trailer.

And don't expect the car to arrive exactly on time... patience is a virtue here.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:20 PM
victorltd
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thomas Sunday
Old 08-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Sue Esponte
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rpm's S2
Just a thought, but you might consider the available space where you are having the car delivered. Because of the type of carrier he had, when mine showed up the driver needed a parking lot sized area to angle the rear trailer and get access to my car in the front trailer.

And don't expect the car to arrive exactly on time... patience is a virtue here.
My driveway is barely the width of the trailer and its about 130yds long. I don't expect the transporter to drop off at my door. I am, however, 4 miles from I-95 and 3 miles from a Walmart parking lot. There should be more than enough room for him to do a drop-off.

Patience? What's that?!

-Eric
Old 08-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Sue Esponte
Three Wheelin'

Well, I spoke to the carrier this morning and he confirmed that it's scheduled to be picked up from the dealer today and should be here within about a week!

-Eric
Old 08-12-2011, 02:47 PM
Partsguy
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sue Esponte
It's done....because of Pebble Beach and all of the car stuff going on in California this month, the carriers are all booked. I went with a recommendation from a dealer friend who suggested AutoBahn USA. They were a little more expensive than DeMoise and less than Intercity but they can pick up the car this week...unlike any of the others who can't get to it until the 25th or later.

-Eric
I just got a quote from Sam at Autobahn USA and the were $150 more than Intercity, odd how that works sometimes.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Sue Esponte
Three Wheelin'

Yeah, but Intercity can't move a car in CA until around the last week of August. Also, Autobahn USA's quote includes all charges. I got a lower quote from Intercity as well but after they added in their "fuel surcharge" the total price was basically the same.

-Eric
Old 08-15-2011, 03:49 PM
Sue Esponte
Three Wheelin'

The car is confirmed on the truck and on its way to CT!

Jeremy DeFrisco and the rest of the folks at Stevens Creek Porsche were awesome, btw. Everyone was very communicative, helpful and professional. Using them for the PPI and subsequent service was great.

Now I just have to wait...patiently...about a week. In the meantime, I'll check out some more goodies for when the car arrives! lol

-Eric
Old 04-26-2015, 04:13 AM
maxamillion
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Sue Esponte
I was planning on using DeMoise (awesome price, awesome recommendation from a friend) but they won't have a truck in Northern California until the end of the month! Yikes!

I've read a lot of opinions on Rennlist. Some say Intercity is great. Others not so much. Same is true for a number of others. Any recent experiences -- definite companies to avoid?

Sunday was expensive. A friend recommended AutoBahnUSA based on his use of them on multiple occasions but they were also a little high. I got a great quote from Victory Auto Transport...but who the hell are they?! lol

-Eric
You should really check out http://autotransport.instapage.com they send you actual prices truckers are accepting for picking up and delivering cars along the same or similar route. I thought it was a good resource to check out. At the very least you can use it as comparison. Good Luck.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:31 AM
thin_concrete
Pro

Originally Posted by maxamillion
You should really check out http://autotransport.instapage.com they send you actual prices truckers are accepting for picking up and delivering cars along the same or similar route. I thought it was a good resource to check out. At the very least you can use it as comparison. Good Luck.
This thread is almost 4 years old, but good info nonetheless.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:41 PM
Sue Esponte
Three Wheelin'

WOW! Blast from the past! FWIW, I had a great experience with my carrier despite later learning more that may have sent me in a different direction. Oh, and I still have my car and love it more and more every day!

Good luck with whatever you are looking to ship!

-Eric

Quick Reply: Any Recs on a Shipper?