Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Engine Failure, when you do NOT take the news well.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 10:47 PM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Is there such a thing as low-powered weapons? I guess there is so please make sure we continually refer to all guns as high-powered weapons. Just to delineate them from slingshots, spitballs, paper airplanes and the like.

Actually my friend almost put out his eye with a slingshot and a ball bearing.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:57 PM
kr3678
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by knfeparty
Is there such a thing as low-powered weapons? I guess there is so please make sure we continually refer to all guns as high-powered weapons. Just to delineate them from slingshots, spitballs, paper airplanes and the like.

Actually my friend almost put out his eye with a slingshot and a ball bearing.
Well, the video clearly showed military style rifles in use. Compared to my .38 revolver, those are indeed high-powered...
Old 06-23-2011, 07:34 AM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Okay upon re-reading the article it does appear that .50cal or two was there....I'll give you that!
Old 06-23-2011, 11:36 AM
Michael-Dallas
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kr3678
No, I don't. And unless you were there, you don't either.
That's right, I wasn't there. That is why I am making no assumptions.

I disagree. Owning high-powered weapons or being enthusiastic about them does not automatically make a person an accurate, responsible user of the weapon just like owning a high performance automobile or being enthusiastic about one doesn't automatically make a person skilled at driving a car.
Again, the gun nuts are the ones out at the range regularly and practicing and learning. The n00bs and posers are the ones you have to worry about. Reading comprehension. If you are a car enthusiast and go to the track, you should learn and improve . Like sports. Practice and training.

Michael.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:47 PM
kr3678
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael-Dallas
That's right, I wasn't there. That is why I am making no assumptions.

Again, the gun nuts are the ones out at the range regularly and practicing and learning. The n00bs and posers are the ones you have to worry about. Reading comprehension. If you are a car enthusiast and go to the track, you should learn and improve . Like sports. Practice and training.

Michael.
And yet you assume all gun nuts spend a lot of time practicing and learning. A bit of selective assumption on your part, isn't it?

It has been said that gun control means being able to hit your target. The video clearly shows that some of those shooters failed.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:59 PM
Michael-Dallas
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kr3678
And yet you assume all gun nuts spend a lot of tinme practicing and learning. A bit of selective assumption on your part, isn't it?
Not at all, if a person is at the range practicing regularly then that person is a gun nut. If anything, I am making an assumption that the person improves with range trips and practice. Just like any other sport.

It has been said that gun control means being able to hit your target. The video clearly shows that some of those shooters failed.
Correct, and we don't know the circumstances on it. Actually, there is a 9 min video on thetruthaboutguns.com that gives a better picture of distance, shooters, and weapons.

Gun control doesn't happen overnight and you can train for it.

Michael.

Quick Reply: Engine Failure, when you do NOT take the news well.