Sponsored by:

Porsche Sales in the Northeast

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 11:46 AM
nittanyguy1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Sales in the Northeast

Looking for a dealer in the northeast to purchase a 1999-2001 911 cab. Just trying to get some suggestions on places people have had good experiences with in the past and stay away from the obvious shady dealers. I was looking as far away as the west coast online, but have decided I would prefer a day trip for driving the car back. I am willing to go as far west as Chicago and as far south as Virginia. I am located in central Pennsylvania. I would prefer to stay away from Porsche Dealerships, as I am finding their prices to be 20% higher than others for the same car with the same service records (although I am obviously not against buying from one that has good prices and is trustworthy in other's experience). Anybody have any opinions, or anyone they like to work with? Also, anyone have experience dealing with Carsouce in Chicago or Lucky Motors in Chicago? Thanks for your input. Ethan
Old 05-05-2011, 12:01 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 261 Posts

There are many MK1 cabs for sale in the latest issue of Panorama with excellent prices from private sellers. I would go there to get better history vehicles IMHO.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:10 PM
nittanyguy1
Advanced

I'm just waiting for my first issue.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:26 PM
DaveSpeed
Racer

There is a place in NE PA called Rayco that sells and services German cars. They usually have several older porsches in stock (have not looked lately).

Mostly positve things I've read about them, but I have seen a few upset customers. Remember you are buying a used car! And should have a PPI no mater where you purchase from. I have a freind who purchased a MB there and was happy with them. He also let them do some service work on his BMW 330ix. He felt like the service people knew what they were doing. He said he would purchase from them again. I looked at their porsches but found a better deal in Easton.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:45 PM
bluporsh
AutoX

I found European Automobile Company out of {Plainview Long Island to be very helpful and knowledgable. If they don't have what you want, let them know and when the come across it, will let you know
Old 05-05-2011, 02:28 PM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Where are they in Plainview?

OP - You are better off finding a non-dealer for the sale. Panorama or RL members are good sources. These guys usually care for their cars. +1 on a PPI so you know what you are buying.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:30 PM
H2OJazz
Rennlist Member

Auto Haus in Burnt Hills NY - check their website
Old 05-05-2011, 02:42 PM
nittanyguy1
Advanced

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Any had experience with Carsource or Lucky Motors in Chicago?
Old 05-05-2011, 04:24 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

Chicago and Georgia seems to be the hub of some good cars....
Old 05-05-2011, 05:12 PM
nittanyguy1
Advanced

Georgia listings always seem to be priced a bit high.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Peter 642
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't personally think you need to "stay away" from dealerships if they have the exact car you want, at a decent price, just factor in the dealer upcharge (some on this board quote as high as 20%). You're going to pay less with private, but you knew that already. Genuine Porsche dealers are hopefully "rarely" shady, and you may find that there (like anything) are very good, and very bad. Near PA, there are a few dealers that service some very nice cars; Conshohocken comes to mind, as they work on a 356 1500 Speedster that others won't touch. There are some excellent shops in the PA/DE area; Holt Motorsports has a variety of 996s, specifically turbos, last I checked. I cannot vouch for any of these shops or their quality/price personally is the clear disclaimer, but my point is, look at the car that you want, find where you can buy it, and go in that direction. Working backwards, in my limited opinion, may land you with a car you don't want.

Although honestly, it sounds like you know what you want.

Quick Reply: Porsche Sales in the Northeast