Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

2003 911 Cabrio.. window regulator issue or is it???

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 11:42 PM
arnoldpalmer34
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 911 Cabrio.. window regulator issue or is it???

Hi.. new to the forum but I have a real crazy thing happening. Passenger window is hitting top when up.. It is not going down as it should when door is opening. Did tons of research and have concluded it is not the micro switches. Also tried the reset on just the switch to no avail. I can easily push down the window a half inch so I have pretty much narrowed it down to the window regulator...

Now here is the thinker.. Why does it only do this when the car is running.. when the key is in and just turned over for radio or whatever it works just fine... is this just a fluke or could something else be going on?????? Please help... I know Suncoast is the best deal on a window regulator... I will do myself..

Any thoughts would greatly be appreciated ... Thank you
Old 04-24-2011, 12:03 AM
fpena944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 54 Posts

If it's not going down when you open the door then it's the regulator. I had the same thing happen to mine so I replaced it and it's been fine since.

It's not a bad fix to DIY. Not sure why it only does it in certain scenarios but I know mine was doing it inconsistently at first then finally just gave out.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:26 AM
fpb111
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by arnoldpalmer34
..Now here is the thinker.. Why does it only do this when the car is running.. when the key is in and just turned over for radio or whatever it works just fine... is this just a fluke or could something else be going on?????? Please help... I know Suncoast is the best deal on a window regulator... I will do myself..

Any thoughts would greatly be appreciated ... Thank you
I know this sounds strange but do a search on ignition switch failures.
When the $11.00 electrical part of the switch starts to fail. Odd electrical things start happening. Wipers work or not, climate control fan stops working or not, ...etc.

Easy DIY from under the dash, especially if you are small and limber with eyes on stalks like a snail.
Attached Images  
Old 05-01-2011, 08:31 PM
zabuch
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

hey there iam having problem with my driver side rear window it will not come all the way up ,started last month ,but know will not close fully 03 CAB C4

Quick Reply: 2003 911 Cabrio.. window regulator issue or is it???