996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Exhaust hack for 2003 996 C2-which one?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 10:02 PM
Nutty Professor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the 3.6 mufflers work best with sealed end to outlet mod, while 3.4 mufflers work best with intake to outlet mod. I have 3.6 mufflers and went with sealed end to outlet and love the way it sounds.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:44 AM
AIRLESSMILES
Intermediate

I have the 3.4 mufflers and went sealed end to outlet and tbh, quite disappointed in the sound. Was hoping to sound much louder like a lot of the youtube videos I have seen. The only difference I noticed is a slightly faster throttle response. So, at this point, I am now considering muffler bypass pipes. I spent $240 to have a local shop do the work which was 2 hours of labor along with the tubing (2-1/4"). I had him do all the work there since I have no where to do it.
Anyone know of someone wanting to get rid of their bypass pipes for cheap? Ship to 91502 zip? Thanks!
Old 08-05-2012, 04:53 PM
BiteEmNBeatEm
Instructor

saw some bypass pipes here in the classifieds, i think there is also one set on 6speed more than likely the same person.

Originally Posted by AIRLESSMILES
I have the 3.4 mufflers and went sealed end to outlet and tbh, quite disappointed in the sound. Was hoping to sound much louder like a lot of the youtube videos I have seen. The only difference I noticed is a slightly faster throttle response. So, at this point, I am now considering muffler bypass pipes. I spent $240 to have a local shop do the work which was 2 hours of labor along with the tubing (2-1/4"). I had him do all the work there since I have no where to do it.
Anyone know of someone wanting to get rid of their bypass pipes for cheap? Ship to 91502 zip? Thanks!
Old 08-05-2012, 05:25 PM
spinerep622
5th Gear

I have mine up for sale.

https://rennlist.com/forums/for-sale...pe-w-tips.html
Old 08-06-2012, 01:15 AM
AIRLESSMILES
Intermediate

Yeah I saw them and he PM'd me...if they're from MadeInPorsche. I also saw some from jzarabbi and have not heard back.
spinerep622: I clicked on your link and I do not have access so I cannot see what you're selling. Also, with the muffler bypass pipes, is there more piping that is needed to fill the gap of where the mufflers go?

Thanks!
Old 08-06-2012, 01:29 AM
spinerep622
5th Gear

Yeah I saw them and he PM'd me...if they're from MadeInPorsche. I also saw some from jzarabbi and have not heard back.
spinerep622: I clicked on your link and I do not have access so I cannot see what you're selling. Also, with the muffler bypass pipes, is there more piping that is needed to fill the gap of where the mufflers go?

Thanks!
It looks like you have to be a paying member to see the classifieds. I have the bypass pipes for sale. $100.00 plus shipping.
Attached Images  
Old 08-06-2012, 03:25 AM
AIRLESSMILES
Intermediate

Not bad...not bad at all. Do I still need the cross over pipes to install these? Or how will I be able to get it done?

Quick Reply: Exhaust hack for 2003 996 C2-which one?