996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Annoying Things about Porsche ownership

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 01:29 AM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

My boss got a fully loaded Ford Fusion last year. It's annoying... to hear him rant about his "cool car", the Sync function, hybrid, mpg, etc... took all my former military barring to keep my trap shut. Wow, that's so awesome geekman! if he only new.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:52 AM
tgt40
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What they don't know is that this is a 10 year old car that is probably worth less than the Lexus LS that they're driving. I know one thing for sure. I am having a lot more fun than they are!!!
Double edged sword isn't it guys? We 'get' to drive 100 k plus cars for 1/4 oif their cost! I run into the same things and despite any corrections on my part a Porsche is a Porsche is a Porsche. I just live with it.

And couldn't be happier!
Old 04-16-2011, 11:59 AM
wisky
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by SSST
Mine doesn't go anywhere near my clients even though it cost less than the 335 I drive when visiting clients.

They already give me enough c**p about my rates. I wouldn't stand a chance if they saw me in the P car.
I feel the same way. I own a small courier / local trucking operation and feel the need to hide the fact that I have a Porsche from my clients, AND some employees. Like many others have said, the car costs me the same as a fully loaded Accord V6 - but try explaining that to people .
Old 04-16-2011, 01:08 PM
SWK6Cup

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Hey Guys, maybe you need a "beater" to take to work something like a 80's chevy (*ducking*).......get a better rate for the consult?
Old 04-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Psycho Sid
Pro

GREAT THREAD!

Got some good chuckles out of me

I've got one i haven't seen here yet, the "what year is it?"
Now granted mine is a bit of a Frankenstein so with some it could be a "reasonable" question but when i see the guy probably doesn't even know the engine isn't in the front I say "it's a 1979 "... "wow it looks brand new!!!!"

Like it's going to make a difference to them what year it is.

Oooh got another one, all my rides are totally customized and impeccable... but there's always someone who has to find something..."you know, you should really put some chrome caps on your tire valves", etc.
I ignore or say 'man... get back in your Neon!"

Last edited by Psycho Sid; 04-16-2011 at 10:23 PM. Reason: spelllling :-)
Old 04-16-2011, 01:56 PM
SSST
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
GREAT THREAD!

Got some good chuckles out of me

I've got one i haven't seen here yet, the "what year is it?"
Now granted mine is a bit of a Frankenstein so with some it could be a "reasonable" question but when i see the guy probably doesn't even know the engine is in the front I say "it's a 1979 "... "wow it looks brand new!!!!"

Like it's going to make a difference to them what year it is.

Oooh got another one, all my rides are totally customized and impeccable... but there's always someone who has to find something..."you know, you should really but some chrome caps on your tire valves", etc.
I ignore or say 'man... get back in your Neon!"
That's the nice thing about a 911. It doesn't matter what year it is. It still looks like a 911. I like what you did to the headlights. Is that something you had custom made or is it some sort of overlay?
Old 04-16-2011, 03:00 PM
Psycho Sid
Pro

That's the nice thing about a 911. It doesn't matter what year it is. It still looks like a 911. I like what you did to the headlights. Is that something you had custom made or is it some sort of overlay?
Thanks : they're Tech Art headlight masks, come un-painted and are attached with poly-silicone.
Sort of a nice blend between 996 & 997.

Cheers,

Sid.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:20 PM
wisky
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 43 Posts

Mine doesn't go anywhere near my clients even though it cost less than the 335 I drive when visiting clients.

They already give me enough c**p about my rates. I wouldn't stand a chance if they saw me in the P car.
Originally Posted by Country911
Hey Guys, maybe you need a "beater" to take to work something like a 80's chevy (*ducking*).......get a better rate for the consult?
My DD is a 1995 Nissan Maxima GLE .
Old 04-16-2011, 09:48 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Because I drive a Honda, I don't have any of the problems mentioned in the previous 53 posts!
Old 04-16-2011, 10:31 PM
Psycho Sid
Pro

hahahaha you always know how to crack me up Tim

Wow don't know if anyone has noticed this but we've got a real cross cultural thread going here 996, 997, air-cooled, turbo... and all the kids are playing nice!

AWESOME!

Quick Reply: Annoying Things about Porsche ownership