SOLVED: Rear facing convertible baby / toddler seat for a CABRIOLET

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 12:05 AM
roadsession
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Default SOLVED: Rear facing convertible baby / toddler seat for a CABRIOLET

I found it.
It is called the Combi Coccorro (google it).
You have to remove the rear seat back.
But I now have a rear facing convertible baby seat installed.
The front passenger has plenty of room. I am 5' 11" tall and I am perfectly comfortable. My wife is 5'10" tall and she's good in the front passenger seat too.

Drove 2 hrs this wknd in it. Baby slept the entire two hours!
Old 03-08-2011, 09:15 AM
frisbee91
Three Wheelin'

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Sorry I have to state the obvious... Pics please.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:40 AM
roadsession
Three Wheelin'

Old 03-14-2011, 01:36 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Sorry, but that doesn't look comfy for ANYBODY in the front seat. And if you are 5'11" and fit with "plenty of room" then you must have the shortest legs I have ever seen.

As was posted in my "time for an updated baby seat" thread, the Graco snugride without the base is really the ONLY seat that fits properly, safely, and allows for front passenger room. As well, that method to anchor it with the belt looks like it provides ZERO lateral stability.

The problem with your Combi baby seat is it is BULKY since you selected a convertible seat.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Kharz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heh, last chance for an amazon link lvdell, I bought one of the car seats you recommended last week. When I test drove the car over the weekend, my 2.5 yr daughter freaked that she couldn't go. So it looks like I will be buying another

Unfortunately, I bought the car right before a 2 week trip and cant play with it !
Old 03-14-2011, 03:12 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

What does that link get me again?
Old 03-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Kharz
Instructor

I think it gets you a cut of the sale (you become an amazon affiliate)

Not sure if it's worth it to you,but throwing it out there
Old 03-14-2011, 05:08 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Ah, that's right. I'll look into it but had no idea there was such a program with Amazon where recommendations for purchases resulted in commissions. Appreciate the offer but definitely not looking for making a cut for giving advice

Last edited by LVDell; 03-14-2011 at 07:52 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-14-2011, 06:32 PM
roadsession
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by LVDell
Sorry, but that doesn't look comfy for ANYBODY in the front seat. And if you are 5'11" and fit with "plenty of room" then you must have the shortest legs I have ever seen.

As was posted in my "time for an updated baby seat" thread, the Graco snugride without the base is really the ONLY seat that fits properly, safely, and allows for front passenger room. As well, that method to anchor it with the belt looks like it provides ZERO lateral stability.

The problem with your Combi baby seat is it is BULKY since you selected a convertible seat.
LVDell,
Actually it is comfy enough. You'd be surprised.
That is my preferred seating position btw - maybe because of my years in rallying

Hard for you to judge without being in my car.

Also, re: Graco Snugride - that is UNUSABLE and UNSAFE for my kid who has outgrown that infant carrier (his head is above the height of the seat).
In addition, the Graco Snugride,is NOT recommended to be used without a base - at least that's what the fire dept told me.

Re: lateral stability - it is tied down regarding approved seatbelt anchoring method according to manufacturer instructions and it provides less than one inch side to side travel as per manufacturer installation, PLUS I had it checked out by local fire dept. So am stumped how you - who is looking at a photo, can tell?
Old 03-14-2011, 07:01 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

A little sensitive are we? Rationalize it all you want. It's your kid and comfort, not mine. And when you were rallying, you had a cage and harnesses. Sitting in the front at your size is not as safe as sitting at the proper distance. But then again, safety is a comprise, right? Baby fits, daddy doesn't. Ah, the sacrifices we make.

I never said the lateral stability was NOT present. I said it "looked" like it. Not judging, making an observation.

And by the way, ANY seat that a kid has outgrown is unsafe, it's not specific to the Graco.

FYI.....your fire department is a bunch of idiots. If they would have read the Graco user's manual it clearly states that the baby seat is used this way and illustrates how to properly install it.

Unsubscribing.........

Last edited by LVDell; 03-14-2011 at 07:28 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-14-2011, 07:41 PM
roadsession
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by LVDell
A little sensitive are we? Rationalize it all you want. It's your kid and comfort, not mine. And when you were rallying, you had a cage and harnesses. Sitting in the front at your size is not as safe as sitting at the proper distance. But then again, safety is a comprise, right? Baby fits, daddy doesn't. Ah, the sacrifices we make.

I never said the lateral stability was NOT present. I said it "looked" like it. Not judging, making an observation.

And by the way, ANY seat that a kid has outgrown is unsafe, it's not specific to the Graco.

FYI.....your fire department is a bunch of idiots. If they would have read the Graco user's manual it clearly states that the baby seat is used this way and illustrates how to properly install it.

Unsubscribing.........
what a helpful forum member you can be and what an opinionated schmuck you can be at times, must have caught you on a bad day, or maybe just didn't buy the Graco Snugride off your link?

Anyway buh bye ! don't let the door hit you as you unsubscribe!
Old 03-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Kharz
Instructor

Car seats for our kids can become critical for saving their lives, hence they can be like other topics with no way to argue (politics and religion). We all make a choice and hope it's for the best - and because there are so many choices, it makes it hard if someone disagrees with you

Do the work, talk to experts and don't be offended by strong View points

Ultimately, we disagree hard because we all are passionate about the same thing - keeping our children safe

Quick Reply: SOLVED: Rear facing convertible baby / toddler seat for a CABRIOLET