Sponsored by:

Light on keyfob stays on???

Old 10-15-2017, 07:03 PM
Lance 4c
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Macster
Carefully separate the 2 halves of key fob head and remove the battery. Reverse the battery and reinstall it in the key fob. Then press a button on the key fob. Release the button remove the battery and install it the right way again and put the two key fob halves back together. There's tiny o-ring that can get out of place and make the reassembly difficult.

This 'technique' is supposedly in a Porsche TSB somewhere.

I've used it, but I've also used with success simply removing the battery and pressing one of the buttons. But if this doesn't work for you do the battery reversal thing.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Thank you. It worked!
Old 12-30-2017, 09:56 PM
cappidad
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting that this thread is almost 7 years old, so it's not a new issue. I've had my '02 911 for over 3-1/2 years and never experienced it, until today. I opened the key using my little Swiss Army knife, removed the battery, installed a new one, tested the remote feature with my car, and I'm good to go. Biggest issue was getting the two key halves back together. Make sure everything is in place in both halves, then carefully mate the two. "tcc"......thanks for the tip.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Light on keyfob stays on???