Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Suspension experts please read (RoW content)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 08:01 PM
Optical TDI
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Suspension experts please read (RoW content)

If anyone knows the spring rate differences between 996.2 cabs and coupes, please let me know or where I can find it.

I have a targa and am looking at the RoW M030 suspension. There is not a specific version for the targa. However Gert and Sunset say the spring rates of the cab and targa are the same.

However I have an eye on a slightly used coupe version (2k miles). What would happen with the coupe version on my targa? The targa is 154 lbs heavier than the coupe and the cab is 22 lbs heavier than the targa.

Perhaps the coupe's spring rates are slightly different due to the weight difference, but will that really make that much of a difference? Maybe the targa will just sit a few mm lower.

My only concern is that the rear may sag due to the extra targa weight. But that may only when the glass is slid back. If I knew that all 4 springs were slightly less stiff on the coupe then all should be find. However if the rear springs are stiffer for the cab (targa) RoW version, then I would get some rear sag.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:23 AM
Chris996
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Have see some pics of cabs with the X74 (made for c2). Check for pics in this form. Looks real good. This should give a good idea of what the ROW would look like.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:08 AM
Sneaky Pete
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

I think this is splitting hairs but if you are concerned get the proper springs.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:01 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

maybe you need to go with adjustables.... like pss9/10? This way, you can have any stance you like.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:53 PM
Optical TDI
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete
I think this is splitting hairs but if you are concerned get the proper springs.
That's what I was thinking originally until other info came to me. If we only knew the cab spring rates vs. the coupe. I've seen the coupe's posted, but not the cab spring rates.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:54 PM
Optical TDI
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete
Originally Posted by redridge
maybe you need to go with adjustables.... like pss9/10? This way, you can have any stance you like.
That would be ideal. Just trying to minimize my expense if I don't keep the car for a few more years.

Quick Reply: Suspension experts please read (RoW content)