Sponsored by:

Carrera rear badge

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 11:24 PM
robert r
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wings & wheels
have the correct, upper badge on the way from Suncoast...also sent an email to Pelican, who sold me the initial replacement, indicating that there are two separate parts depending on location. Surprised they were not on top of that.

thanks all, w
Great to hear it's sorted!
Old 02-11-2011, 09:57 AM
inviktus
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zookie
thats why you buy from people who know what they are doing, like Suncoast,
With all due respect, I've dealt with Pelican many, many times, and I've found them to be an excellent vendor. Plus, they're a great supporter of both the BMW and the Porsche communities, with their forums and their "101 Projects" books. It's clear that they missed something on this badge issue, but I'll bet they go out of their way to make things right.

I'm not connected to them in any way; I just like to talk up the good vendors!
Old 02-11-2011, 12:14 PM
wings & wheels
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Pelican rep that I traded emails with insisted that there was only one part for all 996 years. After a few more emails, he said that the part i received must be defective, offered to warranty it "only once.." and sent an RMA toward another part or credit towards another purchase. I haven't peeled the new (wrong) one off the car yet to return it to them.

I have since sent the results of this thread to pelican, including the proper p/n's for the early and late years, bit have not received a reply. I've always had good experiences w/ Pelican in the past and fully expect them to deal with this properly.

We'll see....

w
Old 02-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by inviktus
Plus, they're a great supporter of both the BMW and the Porsche communities, with their forums and their "101 Projects" books. It's clear that they missed something on this badge issue, but I'll bet they go out of their way to make things right.
and i will raise you on that... Suncoast are a Great Supporter of Not Only Porsche but Volkswagen and Audi as well... and they dont "Miss" anything
Old 02-14-2011, 10:44 PM
wings & wheels
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default success

rec'd the correct part from Suncoast, the 'C' is flat, as it should be. Thank you Suncoast. Have to ping Pelican again.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:03 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by wings & wheels
rec'd the correct part from Suncoast, the 'C' is flat, as it should be. Thank you Suncoast. Have to ping Pelican again.
nice, its good to deal with People who "know" what they are doing, not just "Think" they know what they are doing :P

Quick Reply: Carrera rear badge