996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

996 coil over options

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 06:31 AM
100plus
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome. Thailand is just awesome! Love it ...
Old 01-10-2011, 11:37 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by motionbroker
My complaint was that the damping of small road imperfections was quite poor. The test driver for my authorised Porsche Dealer here said that many owners had installed the Pss9 shocks/springs and it had the dual effect of being a bit stiffer but also smoother in damping out unwanted vibration. This seemed like a contradiction to me but this guy is extremely experienced and has given me great advice in the past. He has nothing to gain as this is not a product the dealer sells so I cant see any motivation to mislead me.
That is exactly what happened to my car when I installed PSS9s. The worn suspension gave my car rattles which disappeared after the PSS9 install. I would recommend upgrading sways if it is in your budget. Handling is just like a gokart.

Originally Posted by motionbroker
One more thing I should add is that thailand roads are in fact generally superb. I live in the south of the country and can honestly say we have some of the finest performance driving roads I have experienced anywhere in the world. Add that to the fact that the local authorities are very flexible in regards to your rate of travel and you have a very nice combination.
I was there last March right before the red shirts bloodshed weekend and drove 5-6 hrs south of Bangkok visiting pineapple plantations near Hua Hin. Police was more concerned with illegal immigrants from Burma than speeding vehicles. We were traveling 140 to 160 Kph with no issues. I have another travel budgeted this year and Phuket and Songkhla is on the map for me. One of my favorite countries in Southeast Asia.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:53 AM
motionbroker
Intermediate

Chsu 74

Make sure to send me a message if you come to Phuket. Thats where I live. I can point you in the direction of some of the most beautiful roads you will see anywhere. Freshly surfaced, no traffic and magnificent scenery.

You are right about the police. Really your speed is just limited by what is safe. Nothing like the thrill of coming around a high speed bend and finding a water bufffalo in the middle of the road.

MB
Old 01-12-2011, 04:20 AM
motionbroker
Intermediate

Default Google Earth Placemarks

If you are visiting South Thailand I would strongly suggest these two roads for a scenic drive. Both very nice condition and amazing scenery.

Also on Route 401 is Khao Sok National Park which has some of the oldest and best preserved rain forest in Asia. Absolutely Magnificent

I have attached Google Earth placemarks to guide you.

MB
Attached Files
File Type: zip
placemarks.zip (1.6 KB, 1 views)
Old 01-12-2011, 10:53 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

my favorite public bathroom sign in the world found on Thai public highways.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: 996 coil over options