Sponsored by:

Wet Door Panel

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 06:01 PM
malahhaor
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by DBJoe996
I hate to be brutally honest but c'mon....
1) No door window seal is perfect...the doors get water in them.
2) The door has drains at the bottom just for this reason. Look under the door, pull back the black rubber seal a little bit (carefully) and look for the slotted drains.
3) If the carpet on the door is wet (a) the drains are clogged (b) the membrane behind the door panel is not sealed and needs to be resealed. This is not complicated.
There..my two cents on a very old topic.
No one is expecting a rubber seal or any type of seal to be perfect, especially on a 10 year old car.
My drains are clean and I've applied additional silicone sealant around the moisture barrier. I'm still getting wet carpets.
Old 12-12-2015, 07:28 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by malahhaor
No one is expecting a rubber seal or any type of seal to be perfect, especially on a 10 year old car.
My drains are clean and I've applied additional silicone sealant around the moisture barrier. I'm still getting wet carpets.
The problem might not be with the membrane, at least not 100%. The window seals the ones that seal the window where is comes through the door could be leaking. These can age and leak and 10 years is a long time.
Old 03-17-2018, 08:26 PM
cobra935o
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, I need some help here as well. I am getting the wet door panel on the carpet. I have pulled the door panel to see where it was coming in, seemed to originally be from the front of the outer door seal, solution seemed to be replace the outer door seal, did so, and when I checked to see if that had done the trick, it was only worse. Either I got a bad seal, or I installed it incorrect (put it on exactly the same way the other came off). Just hoping someone else here may have dealt with this and found something else going on. I had a tight membrane seal and all my door panel pins are in working order, and yes my drains are clean.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:41 AM
DBJoe996
Rennlist Member

Received 1,186 Likes on 758 Posts

How is the window to seal seating? There are rubber plugs under the door that provide access to the bottom bolts of the window regulator. Adjusting those bolts inward and outward allow you to tighten the window to seal seating. Maybe need to adjust the seating of the window to seal tighter. You could also check the window/seal seat with the door card and membrane removed...use a low pressure garden hose and try to locate the leak. Those seals are expensive! http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-p...section=804-10
Old 03-18-2018, 04:38 PM
cobra935o
Instructor

The seal to window is fine all the way around, nice and tight, or so it seems. I have the door panel off, and have been spraying it, that was my first step in this whole procedure, to see where the water was coming in at. Seemed to be just coming in from the front end of the door seal where it meets the mirror. I replaced the outer seal, and now its leaking worse than before. I have adjusted the regulator with little to no success as well. I figured I would try adjusting exactly like the passenger door, no luck there either. I am at about all I can take with it, before I drive it off a cliff, lol. I am tired of seeing a water fall come in when everything looks fine. My only next solution is either take it to a body shop, porsche mech (I really hate to give up, especially when there is little to no parts involved, unless there is something else up in that door that I just cant see, but I doubt that as well, who knows), or I have a bad seal from the seller.
Old 03-18-2018, 07:26 PM
fpb111
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 71 Posts

Pictures might help?
Old 03-18-2018, 09:39 PM
cobra935o
Instructor

I'm not really sure how a picture is going to help. I have described everything as best as possible. If you have had a door panel off, you know there isnt much to take a picture off, and you can see your outer window seal every time you get in the car.

Quick Reply: Wet Door Panel