Sponsored by:

STOCK OR EBC RED STUFF OR YELLOW STUFF?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 01:25 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheDoc
EBC's aren't as good as some of the other brands out there, but I like them because they do give pretty darn good stopping power for the money, are easy on rotors, and yet are mild enough to use on the street
I spent end of the last season on them as i finaly killed my pagid yellows and needed something to replace them with quickly when RS29 were out of stock.

I agree on that statement above - i am not hard on my brakes but drive fast enough to make stock street pads to fade. yellowstuff never faded on me. by pedal pressure it feels like you need to step on brakes harder that with rs29 and much much harder than with PFC pads but i did not see stopping distance to change much and drove car at same pace as before. just need to make sure brakes are bled to keep pedal firm.

those were only track pads i found so far that did not squeek like crazy on my car. any other brand i could not use on a street as it screeched crazy loud, and that is with windows closed, not sure how bad it was for anybody outside.

if anybody else used EBC yellowstuff 4000 compound and got something else in result - please respond as i just got another set front/rear for next season and it was funny cheap - $273 for whole front/rear set, exactly 2 times less than PFC 01 costs.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:31 PM
Capt. Obvious
Rennlist Member

Received 1,464 Likes on 805 Posts

I have Red Stuff pads on my car now, they're okay. Initial bite is a little soft, but not alarmingly soft. I haven't been able to get them hot enough to fade yet, so that's good. Also, they aren't very dusty which is fantastic because the brakes on my old Audi turned the wheels black in about a week.

Another good option for street cars that only see a little bit of track use is Akebono brake pads.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:57 PM
fpena944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 54 Posts

I have the Red Stuff on the front of my car and when I go to wash it the rear wheels (with stock pads) are dirtier than the front!

The front brakes are also silent and that is quite impressive considering I removed the dampers from the calipers to make it easier to swap in my sport pads when I go to DEs.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:08 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

I found an interesting comparison page on EBC.
http://www.perfectbrakes.com/bluestufflink.asp

they claim yellowstuff to be comparable with PFC 97 and bluestuff with PFC01. not sure if I would agree, but, well, for what it`s worth...

Quick Reply: STOCK OR EBC RED STUFF OR YELLOW STUFF?