Hai Guyz!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 03:42 AM
jordanturbo
Cardigan Millionaire
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Hai Guyz!

Hello I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jordan, I am 23 and a full time student up in the Great White North most refer to as Canada. I am also a douchebag. Girls love me until they discover I am a douchebag, guys want to be me until they discover I am a douchebag. I don't really work a whole lot and was recently rejected from the local porsche owners club because I didn't fit the image they like to represent.

I have been involved in cars since I have been 16, I have owned and modified over 20 cars. Currently I have a 1997 Civic hatch as a track car, an 08 Nissan Titan as a car hauler, and the reason I joined this site, an 02 Carrera C4S.

I bought the car just over a year ago in minty mint shape. It had 0 accident history, it came with every service record down to the gas receipt and a daily milage log. I picked it up with approx 21000 miles / 34000 km and has been the daily driver since. It is now sitting at around 27000 miles / 44000 km. I bought it lowered on H&R euro spec springs, with GT2 exhaust tips, pedal covers, and shifter. I have added my signature decals, but intend to keep it fairly stock since I already have a track car, maybe a set of wheels and exhaust.

Here are some pics of the beast from a photo shoot after a day of snowboarding:

Last edited by jordanturbo; 10-31-2010 at 03:59 AM.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:43 AM
jordanturbo
Cardigan Millionaire
Rennlist Member

Old 10-31-2010, 03:45 AM
jordanturbo
Cardigan Millionaire
Rennlist Member

Last edited by jordanturbo; 10-31-2010 at 04:00 AM.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:46 AM
jordanturbo
Cardigan Millionaire
Rennlist Member

Old 10-31-2010, 07:48 AM
Pac996
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Perfect car for the snow up there.

Maybe quit saying swing every time a girl goes by
Old 10-31-2010, 10:37 AM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

nice!..... must be nice, Welcome!
Old 10-31-2010, 02:21 PM
Topaz330ci
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I seen some pics of your car on Flickr...

First time I drove my car in the snow yesterday cause we got this pretty crazy snow fall here in Ottawa. I enjoyed the all AWD but it still has very stiff suspension for winter driving...
Old 10-31-2010, 03:29 PM
jordanturbo
Cardigan Millionaire
Rennlist Member

I absolutely Love this car in the snow, it seriously has the best AWD I have driven on. I just threw on a good set of high performance winters and am good to go. I used to own a Subaru STI, AWD Talon, infinity g35x, 4x4 ram 3500, jeep cherokee, jeep grand cherokee, Nissan titan, etc I prefer the porsche AWD system to all of these.

When I used to work I was in Yellowknife NWT where porsche does some of their winter testing. After seeing how they performed there, I figured I would have no problem driving it in Edmonton. Ground Clearance on a lowered car was a bit of a pain but I only got hung up once last year. Now I keep an emergency kit in my trunk and am prepared for everything.

I have a 100 piece socket set with breaker bar, screw driver set, allan key set, blow torch, lighters, candles, tow ropes, jumper cables, battery charger, duct tape, twist ties, and food and water supply
Old 10-31-2010, 03:43 PM
jordanturbo
Cardigan Millionaire
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Topaz330ci
I seen some pics of your car on Flickr...

First time I drove my car in the snow yesterday cause we got this pretty crazy snow fall here in Ottawa. I enjoyed the all AWD but it still has very stiff suspension for winter driving...
Pics of my car can be found all over the place my car has a few dedicated facebook pages for spottings around the city. This picture set has been posted on a bunch of the other car forums that I belong to as well.

On Flickr the two photographers that shot the car posted the pictures, Raymond Saw, and Jeffrey Chin who have both had their work published in Import Tuner and work for the local exotic car dealership.

The pictures of my car have also made a few online publications and blogs. I guess a carrera with a ski rack in the snow with a hello kitty decal aren't very common ha ha
Old 10-31-2010, 04:58 PM
Barn996
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice looking C4S, great shots of your Porsche in action.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:36 PM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

I would get the Porsche roof rack/load bar, it's much higher quality and sturdier than the universal unit you have on there.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:29 AM
jordanturbo
Cardigan Millionaire
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ahmet
I would get the Porsche roof rack/load bar, it's much higher quality and sturdier than the universal unit you have on there.
I might consider it now, I used to never own a car for more than 6 mths so buying a $1000 roof rack seemed impractical last year, especially since I would change my rack between cars. I may be picking up another vehicle soon to split up the daily driving between the porsche, and truck. Having a universal is much more convenient, esp since I dont use my porsche that often for ski trips since there isn't a lot of usable space for equipment when my trunk is already loaded with my emergency kit.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:32 AM
jordanturbo
Cardigan Millionaire
Rennlist Member

On a side note I am surprised no body has complained about my decals, especially the Hello Kitty. That is usually the first thing a forum will criticize when I post pictures of my car, and was a big part of my local porsche club's reason for rejecting my application.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:45 AM
pterfloth
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jordanturbo
On a side note I am surprised no body has complained about my decals, especially the Hello Kitty. That is usually the first thing a forum will criticize when I post pictures of my car, and was a big part of my local porsche club's reason for rejecting my application.
Hey, it's your car. Drive it, enjoy it, do what you want with it. I used live in Edmonton. Now live in Vancouver area and drive mine in the rain!
Old 11-01-2010, 02:51 AM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Particularly if you're going to drive hard, the Porsche roof rack is unbeatable. They go for a lot of money used, perhaps you can buy it used, and resell if you decide not to get another Porsche. The ski rack/snowboard attachments can work with other roof rack systems fairly easily (can be converted to others, and will work with late model VW/Audi, some BMW racks with minimal or no work).

As for the Kitty stickers, the Rennlist crowd is pretty lenient, people will compliment the gaudiest of things on here board, but to each his own, as for me, I don't think they look that objectionable. Not my thing, but kind of fun actually.

Also, I've never heard of the Porsche Club not accepting people, they don't even look at your car when you apply here, I guess up there it's a boys club, who knows. Looks like you're having fun w/the car, and really that's all that matters.

Quick Reply: Hai Guyz!