Sponsored by:

Hai Guyz!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 03:29 AM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

When you have a Pedo-bear decal, your Hello Kitty is nothing. I found a shift **** and brake handle cover for you.
Attached Images  
Old 11-01-2010, 03:47 AM
achtung911
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 18 Posts

what with the introduction calling yourself a dbag?
Old 11-01-2010, 05:08 AM
Pac996
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jordanturbo
On a side note I am surprised no body has complained about my decals, especially the Hello Kitty. That is usually the first thing a forum will criticize when I post pictures of my car, and was a big part of my local porsche club's reason for rejecting my application.
The local club would probably frown on a gun truck in Afghanistan with a teddy bear attached to the outside of its turret too. Be glad about being turned down since they would have been a pretty big disappointment after joining. Your story sounds like your Porsche club is treating membership as a personal club and not a P car club. They should get reorganized for that stunt i.e. loose there charter till they answer up to reality. That means the loss of funding for get together party’s and all.

Anyway, nice car and as they say p car drivers are rude......so..... screw them. Party on
The nurds don't know how to handle their wives making them walk the little dogs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPJKH...eature=related
Old 11-01-2010, 08:50 AM
aviatorX
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by achtung911
what with the introduction calling yourself a dbag?
Canadians are brutally honest.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:43 AM
C4SnNJ
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice C4S. Gotta love driving in the snow. Sorry to hear about the local Porsche club not accepting your application. At least the gang your "shouting" out the hand signals to didn't kick you out because of the Hello Kitty sticker. JK! Enjoy the car.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:56 AM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

On a side note I am surprised no body has complained about my decals, especially the Hello Kitty. That is usually the first thing a forum will criticize when I post pictures of my car, and was a big part of my local porsche club's reason for rejecting my application.
OK, here a go:
The stickers look ridiculous, maybe you should join the local Honda club!

Just messing with you , Welcome to Rennlist!

What club rejected you?
Old 11-01-2010, 11:23 AM
ohdavey6286
Pro

Welcome to the 996 forum as well as rennlist.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:12 PM
psuboy
Advanced

Welcome! Nice car...I like the N-ring decal! I did not know you could get kicked out of P-car club for little kitty decals unless you put them on someone else's car!
Old 11-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,521 Likes on 953 Posts

I didn't know that a Porsche club would reject anyone if they had two things:

1. A Porsche
2. A check book
Old 11-01-2010, 01:27 PM
911FM
Racer

Hello I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jordan, I am 23 and a full time student up in the Great White North most refer to as Canada. I am also a douchebag. Girls love me until they discover I am a douchebag, guys want to be me until they discover I am a douchebag. I don't really work a whole lot and was recently rejected from the local porsche owners club because I didn't fit the image they like to represent.

I have been involved in cars since I have been 16, I have owned and modified over 20 cars. Currently I have a 1997 Civic hatch as a track car, an 08 Nissan Titan as a car hauler, and the reason I joined this site, an 02 Carrera C4S.

I bought the car just over a year ago in minty mint shape. It had 0 accident history, it came with every service record down to the gas receipt and a daily milage log. I picked it up with approx 21000 miles / 34000 km and has been the daily driver since. It is now sitting at around 27000 miles / 44000 km. I bought it lowered on H&R euro spec springs, with GT2 exhaust tips, pedal covers, and shifter. I have added my signature decals, but intend to keep it fairly stock since I already have a track car, maybe a set of wheels and exhaust.
Nice car. Congrats. Looks like you are having fun with it.

I am not offended by your decals at all. To each his own. Not sure why you depreciate yourself though. You may actually be the dbag you are describing. But until proven on this board, I'll personally give you the benefit of the doubt. So, welcome!

Originally Posted by Marc Gelefsky
OK, here a go:
The stickers look ridiculous, maybe you should join the local Honda club!
What club rejected you?
Given his track car, he probably is member of the Honda club too! I am also confused on P-clubs rejecting applications. More details?

FM
Old 11-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

I cannot believe that a PCA region would reject someone for decals on their car. If that was the case, an email to the Zone Rep (see Panorma or www.pca.org for the address would get the decision reversed I think.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:35 PM
soverystout
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
I cannot believe that a PCA region would reject someone for decals on their car. If that was the case, an email to the Zone Rep (see Panorma or www.pca.org for the address would get the decision reversed I think.
I find it hard to believe that he was formally "rejected". It could have been that members of the club are of a certain age group, with a certain income, and a certain level of maturity (good or bad) that doesn't appreciate a very hondaesque type of owner.

There probably weren't to many people interested in speaking with him and he took it as rejection.

if somebody walked into a room and screamed "Hey! I'm a DBAG!!!"

I'd say, "Yes, I do believe you are........"
Old 11-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Targatoo
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet pics. Nice car.

And, yes, you look like a douchbag. But welcome just the same!

i almost bought a Targa from Edmonton in August but the seller got hung up on a valuation from Norden and wouldn't sell it for what it was really worth. See you 'round (the site)!
Old 11-01-2010, 05:02 PM
Hardback
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

These pictures have been posted before, possibly a year ago. Is this really your car? Seems to be just a weak stab at the forum.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:24 PM
jordanturbo
Cardigan Millionaire
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was not formally rejected from the PCA and am not sure which brach specifically it was. I was invited to the Panamera release party at the local dealership and was talking to a few older gentlemen, when they said that they were part of the club I inquired further, they said it cost alot of money to join, so I pulled out a wad of cash, them having seen my car, my age, the way I dress, the piece of dirt girl I brought to the event etc. they said they didn't I think I would fit in with the club very well and 'advised' me not to join.

For those that don't believe it is my car here is a pic

As I said before, this set of photos has become quite popular and gone around the internet a couple times

Quick Reply: Hai Guyz!