Sponsored by:

Aussie 996 cooling

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 04:44 PM
OZ951
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Aussie 996 cooling

For the Aussies out there with manual 996's are they fitted with a center radiator by default in Oz?

Either way - what temps do they read during the warmer summer days (>35deg)

Just wondering if I need to add a center radiator to my UK car before bringing it home.

Cheers
Old 10-15-2010, 07:53 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by OZ951
For the Aussies out there with manual 996's are they fitted with a center radiator by default in Oz?

Either way - what temps do they read during the warmer summer days (>35deg)

Just wondering if I need to add a center radiator to my UK car before bringing it home.

Cheers
There have been several feature articles about driving a modern Porsche across/around Australia and even in severe high heat and at speed (in the areas where speeds are unrestricted (Yeeha!) -- or driving at very low speeds due to the very low speed limits (and strictly enforced limits I might add) overheating was never a problem.

Fit the car with a clear bumper cover and keep the bugs out of the radiators. In one article the radiator air ducts were nearly blocked/filled with dead smashed grasshoppers.

Oh, and if you drive at night outside of the urban areas fit a 'roo bar! Skippies come out to play at night and you don't to smack into one of those. Nor in one near miss a full sized steer. A collision with one of these at any speed would have you and the steer into one big hamburger mess. Ugh.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:30 AM
robert r
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, No 6-speed c2 no centre rad, never any problems on warmer days. Nudged a little when stationary.

Had a roo nearly jump over my car once, he decided to change direction at the last second. Car's and roo's defiantly don't mix.

Hope this helps?

Quick Reply: Aussie 996 cooling